This is embarasing,but a kill is a kill......

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
Well I hate to say it but I got beat by a F*****G Honda,Ya thats right a Honda.It was a 4 door Accord(94-97).I saw it at a light and decided to mess with itn I figured an easy kill.WRONG!I had a bad star at a roll from 40 so I figured it was my fault ,heck it was only a car length.So I tried again this time it was perfect,but to my surprise the same thing happened.My window was down so I didn't hear a blower.I had him roll his window down and asked him what he had in it.I couldn't hear him too well but he said something about an engine swap.I couldn't hear what kind(well worth it I guess).I was embarrased though.I've never been beat by a Honda only a few close ones(Preludes).I just could'nt understand it.Anyone else had a similar occurence.Don't laugh please ,this really sucked!!!!

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Danny, there are some engine builders for the imports out there that can put together some serious $hit. I inquired into a way to get my wife's Infiniti G20t some more spunk, and I found a speed shop that will swap out the original Infiniti 2.0L DOHC four for a "built" [forged internals, better flowing head, better cams, better computer] 2.0L Turbo that would make 265 HP, conservatively (motor can handle 450)...$3,000. I'm still looking for a blower option, so we'll match (when I get the Terminator...:-D)

I heard someone once say "The day I get beat by a ricer is the day the credit card comes out...". Good luck, send him my way and I'll teach him an SVT lesson. :bash:

Last edited:

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
Yeah that sounds about right to me.He said A few diferrent things when I asked him.I know I deffinitely heard him say he had an engine swap.You can have him,hell I couldn't do nothing with it.It was only a car length considerig my contour is stock except for a K&N drop in.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
3.0L SWAP!!!!!! That is a CHEAP cubic increase for you. I even know where there is a broke down, magnafluxed block, waitning for your attention. ;-) :-D

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
3.0L SWAP!!!!!! That is a CHEAP cubic increase for you. I even know where there is a broke down, magnafluxed block, waitning for your attention. ;-) :-D
Yeah I wish.Would'nt that be great.Wife won't let me do anything else to yhe car until we're in a house,then I'll put some more money into the car.Untill then I have to suffer.(MAYBE)

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Ouch, that has got to suck...I haven't gotten beat by any import boys yet...but for some reason the ones around here don't wanna mess with us....and we know the ones not to mess with.............

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
Ouch, that has got to suck...I haven't gotten beat by any import boys yet...but for some reason the ones around here don't wanna mess with us....and we know the ones not to mess with.............
I've never seen this car before it just looked like a little wannabe with some stickers and exhaust.I was wrong.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yeah hard to belive some of the ricers are fast

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
That's the ones you gotta look out for. The ones that look like junkyard brawlers are usually the ones that are runners. Not much spent on show, all on go.

Danny Shamblin

Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
That's the ones you gotta look out for. The ones that look like junkyard brawlers are usually the ones that are runners. Not much spent on show, all on go.
Thats what a guy I work with said.

Users who are viewing this thread