Those with H&R Race springs

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
What kind of ride feel do you have now vs the stock springs? Is it very harsh vs the stock springs or just a little more stiff. Also, what isolator did you use, and what was the drop(pics if any are cool) The SS springs just drop the car too much for my liking, and these seem to be the ones to go with, im just concerned about the ride being too stiff. Thanks!

venomous99

Established Member
here is a bad pic of mine the day after the springs were installed. drop definitely was much less than slammed 03s running super sports. the car dropped a little more after settling in but nothing significant.
i was expecting a harsh ride but was pleasantly surprised that the ride was stiffer and not one bit uncomfortable. im using the stock isolators. the car sits even. only complaint is that i wish the front dropped a tad bit more. ill try to post more pics later once i get my new wheels on.
one thing you can also do if you want a drop between the super sports and the race is run the urethane isolators with the super sports. i considered that option but the sports seem to be on an eternal backorder.

attachment.php

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
I like the idea of the race springs being stiffer also, less chance of botteming out. That looks is exactly what im looking for. Whats the handling like vs the stock springs? WHat new wheels are you going with btw?

venomous99

Established Member
all i can say is the handling is a lot better than stock of course. it's stiffer but not at all uncomfortable. suspension does not bottom either.
if i were to do it over again, i wouldve chopped 1/2" coil on the front or just remove the front isolator to get more of a drop in the front.
im going with saleen replicas 18x9 and 18x10.5. they finally came out with the 10.5, which look awesoem with the 315s.

davidmax

Established Member
If you want handling give us a call for Eibach sport line.Another nice addition to street strip are good shocks like HAL'S.
Call for low price 480/517/4969-Dave Smilovic

venomous99

Established Member
unless they just recently came out, eibach does not carry the sportlines for the IRS cobra. i wish they did as i would've gone with those instead.

D-Cobra

Established Member
i'm using the race springs with stock isolators. the car rides stiff but not harsh. plus it looks great. could't be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread