Tire dressing that doesn't spot the paint

BLWN46

Established Member
Every tire dressing i try ends up as small black speck's all down the side of the car. It wipes/washes off easy enough but ruins a good wash job shortly.
I like a dark almost wet look, any good products out there? TC

NXSVTCOBRA

you might wanna let the Tire dressing dry on the tires/sit for a little bit before you drive off, when its freshly sprayed on it splatters up on your car therefore leaving those spots, or are you putting too much on? another suggestion, i use an old mug and mix a small amount of Black Magic tire wet, and tire gel together and make a nice liquidy paste, then use a paint brush and brush it on the tire, trust me it'll *BLING* for days :thumbsup:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
I use Meguiar's Hot Shine spray also. I have a cardboard cutout that's 17" diameter (to cover my rims) and spray it on pretty good, covering the whole sidewall, then I take an old rag and wipe over each one once lightly just to get the excess off. It's worked so far with no sling and makes the tires nice, dark, and shiny, but not too shiny. A satin sheen is more like it.

PDubs

Established Member
I used to have that problem, then I realized I was putting on way too much tire stuff. Eagle 1 forever and ever. Just use less of it and turn the tires at least half way to get the excess water to drip.

96SVT

Established Member
PDubs said:
I used to have that problem, then I realized I was putting on way too much tire stuff. Eagle 1 forever and ever. Just use less of it and turn the tires at least half way to get the excess water to drip.
Yea, the Eagal 1 is good, i think it comes with a aplicator as apposed to just spraying it on there, i used to have that problem too, i just would let it sit for a little while after i sprayed it on, that usually did the trick. But after you finish cleaning up your car, you wanna go out and drive it :-D

NXGHOST

Established Member
Poorboy's Bold and Bright. My car is Whiter than Micheal Jackson and I get no sling or spots.

BLWN46

Established Member
Good info thanks! TC
Who sells poorboy's, no autozone or pep in the NW?

Users who are viewing this thread