Tire pressure light came on.. Quick Q?

BryanW

Established Member
Driving to work the other day and I had a tire that was down to 29 psi

I aired up all the tires, and the light went out, but I've got a quick question..

Since the car has the tpms is there a way to read each tires pressure via the cars computer or dash read out? On my challenger you can read each tires pressure on the dash display..

Just wondering.. If the computer can get the info why can't I ?

Thanks in advance

2011 GT Premium

Last edited:

Skrapmetal

Established Member
Decent question. I don't know if the Ford sensors track the actual pressure or if they just detect if the pressure is above or below a certain level and transmit a signal if they are below.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Driving to work the other day and I had a tire that was down to 29 psi

I aired up all the tires, and the light went out, but I've got a quick question..

Since the car has the tpms is there a way to read each tires pressure via the cars computer or dash read out? On my challenger you can read each tires pressure on the dash display..

Just wondering.. If the computer can get the info why can't I ?

Thanks in advance

2011 GT Premium

No, you will not be able to get the actual pressure.

95PGTTech

Established Member
Decent question. I don't know if the Ford sensors track the actual pressure or if they just detect if the pressure is above or below a certain level and transmit a signal if they are below.

the sensors themselves transmit any pressure, it's the instrument cluster that decides what pressure to set the light off at.

BryanW

Established Member
Funny thing was is I wasn't 100% sure if the car had the tire pressure sensors or not. I bought the car in April, set the tire pressure then, and now it's 43 degrees out the tires needed filling.

Thanks guys!

95PGTTech

Established Member
Funny thing was is I wasn't 100% sure if the car had the tire pressure sensors or not. I bought the car in April, set the tire pressure then, and now it's 43 degrees out the tires needed filling.

Thanks guys!

TPMS is a federal mandate for all cars since 9/1/07 under 10,000lbs.

Users who are viewing this thread