tire pressure

Rickabod

Representin' Da U.P.
Established Member
i have a 2001 F-350 with the 7.3 in it. not a dually. what is the tire pressure supposed to be? back tires are around 80, but the fronts are way lower, i know they need air, but i don't know what i should be running.

STG

Banned
Ford pressures for stock 265 series 16 inch tires are 75 psi front / 80 psi rear.

Please note that these are applicable for a fully loaded truck. I don't think any manufacturer specs pressure for an empty truck. Too much liability.

That said, my 2005 Powerstroke FX4 weighs 7,200 lbs with a SnugTop camper shell and Go Industries Rancher grill guard. 4,320 lbs. on the front axle, 2,880 lbs on the rear. Obviously, 80 psi isn't needed for an axle load of 2,880 lbs.

Download and print this Toyo tire pdf: http://marktg.toyotires.com/file/loadinflationtable.pdf

Look up your tires on the TRA Light Truck Inflation Guide (Page A9). Weigh your truck (each axle separately). The loads in the table are per tire, so multiply by two and find your pressure.

These pressures are a good place to start, but remember to increase them when you load the truck.

I typically run 65 psi front and rear in case I have to put an unplanned load in the truck and can't air up.

Users who are viewing this thread