TMI Upholstery question

drh_5.0

Established Member
Anybody that uses TMI upholstery kit also running harnesses?

All the harness kits I've seen go through the holes in racing seats or under OEM headrest which isn't an option with the TMI.

I'd say maybe could just run them along the sides but a kit that costs $900+ don't really want them rubbing against it - wearing it out.

If anybody does have this setup could you post or pm a pic please

beef97

Established Member
I feel ya there. Was about to get a set of tmi but I also got a 4 pt harness and saw that it needed to go through the headrest. I'm looking at getting the R500's as they keep the headrest. Don't know if cjpony carries them yet though

K.A.I.N

Established Member
Just get the lowback versions as it keeps the stock headrest.

I'm still waiting for TMI to make the medium stone color available. They have grabber blue/green inserts as options, but not a factory color. I guess they don't want my money.

noldevin

Established Member
Those seats aren't really set up for harnesses.
I sat in them at mustang week and in my opinion they are not a true performance seat. They do look really nice but they just don't offer the same support as the recaros. They had more of a soft comfort feel.
So IMO, if you want the look of the recaros and that's it, go for it. If you want a real racing seat with harnesses look elsewhere. Harnesses do not work correctly and are not safe if you don't have the proper seat.

Users who are viewing this thread