To slow no go

Fo'SHO

Established Member
:shrug: Hello. This is probably a simple question but it sparks a lot of confusion for me. My 1994 SHO dies when it is a stop it does it sometimes but not all the time warm/cold. I have been to several different places and they told me that it could just be the fuel filter clog. But i have beliefs that it could be my idle control sensor (if there is such a thing). I need to know how i can fix it or any other problems this could cause.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
From what I know you can try cleaning your IAC (Idle Air Control Motor). Its on top of the intake, right behind the TB (Thorttle Body). It is round in shape and has 2 screws holding it on and one plug. You may want to replace your fuel filter too. Very simple and only about 6 bucks.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Fuel filter is cake.

Its right by the Right Rear tire. You will need to jack the car up a bit. The only tool you need IIRC is a standard screwdriver. The new filter will come with new plastic clips. So pop the old ones out, and they will probably break, and then pop the ends off of the filter, unscrew the bracket holding it, and put in in the new one. But relieve fuel pressure first. Unscrewing your gas cap should suffice.

BTW Purolator P/N is F63169

If you are talking IAC, here's a pic for reference..
IAC.JPG

Last edited:

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
mines 24vs and its original Of course it doesn't look like your V8 :p

blast7

Established Member
I will almost guarantee that the problem is the IAC. However, if it is not then I would look into replacing the MAF connector. The connector is about $15 from the dealer and you solder it in.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
that's 48v ;-)

BTW its photochopped if ya didn't know

Users who are viewing this thread