took the 2v turbo to the track

Carson

Established Member
took the 2v to the track a couple weeks ago ran 12.93 at 116mph with a 2.3 60ft time
with a rod knocking from the 96 T-bird JY motor and 40 degree temps I didn't think it was to bad
anyways forged bottom end going in next will be able to crank it up and see what we can get from it
would like to get a 4v setup for that

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Did you fab the kit yourself?

Those look like pretty impressive numbers, given the circumstances. Could you fill us in some more on the particulars? I know some people don't like to tell all their goodies, don't blame them. Just a question to see how far you have gone on the car and so forth if you feel like divulging that much. :beer:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
dude, it'd be nuts if you had a forged 4V in there...

think about it...

the 03 cobra guys are makin 650+ hp with 18 pounds of boost with a procharger....

a turbo is much more efficient than a blower... with those 4V heads... youd make INSANE power....

good luck man... if i could only afford a turbo setup...

-Homer

Carson

Established Member
The current turbo is a 62-1 t4 frame peaked 7psi

The kit is Forced Fabrications kit (which is where I work)
the motor is completely stock it is setup with 42lb injectors a custom airmeter setup for the turbo and a chip tune by Greg at
Livernois in Dearborn

Traction definately isn't my friend I have M@M bilstiens all around with hypercoil coil overs in front and H@R springs in back (not the best for weight transfer)

the kit itself is pretty nice no relocating has a k-member a-arms coil over up front
with a external wastegate BOV and a front mount

Carson

Established Member
Had to sell the 90 Saleen because of some finance issues

I will see if I took pics before I tore it down

Users who are viewing this thread