Took the FiST to NJMP

wheelhopper

Established Member
So I drove my Fiesta at NJMP today. The car is completely stock. While I was not the fastest car on the track I was able to carry enough speed to not cause a train. Considering the stock brake pads, fluid, and tires the car did well. I think that anyone who bought one of these cars for some occasional track fun would not be disappointed.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I think it is funny that I take this car to the track, which is what it is made for, and a thread about tag brackets gets more attention. Most of the guys on this forum must be using their FiST for car shows.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I honestly don't think there are that many people on this forum that have em! Come spring time I'd like to get mine out on the track and wring it out some! The oversteer is SO strange in this car, but fun as hell! Still can't wait for an intake/tune/exhaust.

c. love

Established Member
mine is suppose to arrive the week of the 15th. Cant wait to drive this thing. Mine though will be my daily/beater it may see an auto-x or two but its purpose is just the 9-5.

I would love to put it on air some day as these look so right slammed with good wheels.

Calling it a FIST isn't gay from my perspective anyway. I at least think of a girl fisting another girl...only dude there is me lol

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
:lol:

And agreed on the drop and wheels, really sets these off! Would love that with a classy CF splitter.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I didn't get any times. It was my first time in the car and the first time at that track and the first time tracking a front wheel drive car.

c. love

Established Member
same way any car does when not on the throttle. The rear end of these cars is tuned to step out a bit. generally a stiff rear suspension does this (heavier spring rate, sway bars, both). The way you deal with oversteer is different in a FWD platform however.

EZRIDN

Established Member
So I drove my Fiesta at NJMP today. The car is completely stock. While I was not the fastest car on the track I was able to carry enough speed to not cause a train. Considering the stock brake pads, fluid, and tires the car did well. I think that anyone who bought one of these cars for some occasional track fun would not be disappointed.

Good to hear. I thought about this car, but afraid that it might cause a traffic jam at VIR, ha.

wheelhopper

Established Member
You'll do fine in the turns, the straights you'll have to do some pointing. Unless you add about 30hp and remove about 200lbs. Then you should be good even in the straights. Except against the winged Vettes.

Users who are viewing this thread