Toyota outsells Ford??

Originally posted by Scoriox
Guess where the money goes.

I can barely read your posts because you have so much sand in your vagina over this, that mentioning that I dated a girl back in '99 who drove a Honda might make you go ballistic and lecture me on why its "important" to buy domestics, even when foreign cars might be leagues better.

Money goes to Chrysler, but bottom line is a TON of American jobs are maintained as long as Chrysler makes $$$. I know this slightly contradicts my last post, but there are a hell of a lot more jobs in this country because of Chrysler than Toyota or Nissan.

And yes, this is one subject that makes me want to vomit. When you have seen first hand the carnage of a group of people with 10+years of seniority in a company lose their jobs with less than an hour's notice because of decreasing profits, you look at it from a different view. I admit, the Big 3 used to make vehicles inferior to Toyota and Honda, but now a days, domestic products are much more competitive and of better quality. So no, you would not get lecture for dating a girl who drives a Honda.

03SonicStang3

Established Member
Funny

Until buying foreign car directly affects one of you import lovers you’ll never learn! Do you realize that the American automaker is going into the same direction as the electronics industry or even textiles? Want a foreign car because you say it’s a better car, you bet you ass Honda and Toyota have their problems to! The domestics are all on the same page and build a damn good car.

Chrysler builds a better car now because it’s German owned???? Nothing has changed except top management and the cars are still built in American, already said.

Hopefully it does not take Ford and GM going down for some of you to realize that what you are doing is hurting AMERICA. Remember America the land of the free the home of the brave? No, some do not and are just to caught up in the “thought” that Honda/Toyota, etc is better. WHICH IT IS NOT! Or Kia and Hyundai…….well maybe we should live at their standards of living and we could compete! So go live in a grass hut with no plumbing and Ford and GM could build a 8800 POS that is worth jack S**t in two years!

For the ones who buy the wonderful foreign products, well maybe one day you will lose your job or your wife, or girlfriend or father because FORD AND GM will be no longer!

BUY AMERICAN FOREVER!

95rcobra

I would never own a Toyota mainly because their vehicles are boring and put me to sleep. I have driven my friends flagship toyota,the 2003 Lexus 430 sedan. Does nothing for me and I am bored driving it. my fathers 2003 Caddy is more exciting. I dont get brainwashed by J.D. Power reports like other people do and frankly dont care that much about it but would rather have a smile on my face everytime I get behind the wheel of my 2003 Cobra. also, no problems to date with my 2003 Cobra. Built 12/02. I will just shut up now and get behind the wheel of my poorly built Rocket Ship.

Later, 95rcobra.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1995 Cobra R model #185
2003 Redfire Cobra coupe #4158.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Re: Funny

Originally posted by 03SonicStang3
Until buying foreign car directly affects one of you import lovers you’ll never learn! Do you realize that the American automaker is going into the same direction as the electronics industry or even textiles?

Blame unions. Who can blame a company - pay this guy $25 an hour to put wheel hubs on, cover his medical/insurance bills for him and his family, give him money after he retires, or pay the desperate guy in Mexico $2 an hour (which would cover alot of his expenses) to do the same job. Simple economics.

Want a foreign car because you say it’s a better car, you bet you ass Honda and Toyota have their problems to! The domestics are all on the same page and build a damn good car.

Not saying they don't. They do have far less problems historically though. And no, there isn't a domestic car in the world to run head to head with German luxo sedans - which is what I like.

Chrysler builds a better car now because it’s German owned???? Nothing has changed except top management and the cars are still built in American, already said.

Nothing else has changed? Engineers, technologies, investment $, sharing ideas just to name a few. You are either blindly supportive of Chrysler, or ignorant. Perhaps both.

Hopefully it does not take Ford and GM going down for some of you to realize that what you are doing is hurting AMERICA. Remember America the land of the free the home of the brave?

Yes, Land of the Free to buy what the hell I want without jackholes like you lecturing me on why to buy a certain vehicle I see as inferior and not to my liking! Hell I will buy a Ford Taurus now instead of the Audi A8 just because its America Land of the Free! Wait no, because the Taurus SUCKS FOR MY NEEDS.

No, some do not and are just to caught up in the “thought” that Honda/Toyota, etc is better. WHICH IT IS NOT!

Better is a relative term. Which means its opinion. I am sure you will say your 03 Cobra is better than most cars out there, and I will tell you its not. :burn:

Or Kia and Hyundai…….well maybe we should live at their standards of living and we could compete!

Do wha? :??:

So go live in a grass hut with no plumbing and Ford and GM could build a 8800 POS that is worth jack S**t in two years!

Do wha? Now you just aren't making sense.

For the ones who buy the wonderful foreign products, well maybe one day you will lose your job or your wife, or girlfriend or father because FORD AND GM will be no longer!

BUY AMERICAN FOREVER!

Not likely. Family happens to stray away from the manufacturing industry, as it is slowly dying in America. Blame unions.

Last edited:

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Re: Funny

Originally posted by 03SonicStang3

BUY AMERICAN FOREVER!
:dw: :??:

03SonicStang3

Established Member
Re: Re: Funny

QUOTE] :bash:

Originally posted by Scoriox
Blame unions. Who can blame a company - pay this guy $25 an hour to put wheel hubs on, cover his medical/insurance bills for him and his family, give him money after he retires, or pay the desperate guy in Mexico $2 an hour (which would cover alot of his expenses) to do the same job. Simple economics.

Yes, unions are part of the problem and they are coming around. I blame the goverment to allow just anyone to build what they want and ship it here to the melting pot. Ever here of Tariffs? it's what the foreign company put on all domistic products coming in their country. Maybe the goverment should do the same for your Audi as it might cost over 50K then!

Nothing else has changed? Engineers, technologies, investment $, sharing ideas just to name a few. You are either blindly supportive of Chrysler, or ignorant. Perhaps both.

No, not all technologies have changed for the Chrysler group. Yes, Investment and sharing ideams have changes. But again it's still built by the same UAW labor that you seem to hate so much. Ignornat, I think not, maybe it's yourself that is so blinded by the superior German manufacturing. I would not buy a Taurus either, but there a plenty of USA cars that are in line with your Audi A8, must be the best car in the world!

Yes, Land of the Free to buy what the hell I want without jackholes like you lecturing me on why to buy a certain vehicle I see as inferior and not to my liking! Hell I will buy a Ford Taurus now instead of the Audi A8 just because its America Land of the Free! Wait no, because the Taurus SUCKS FOR MY NEEDS.

Again, I agree the Taurus is not like an Audi A8 but Ford, like so have said, have alot of new products coming out.

Better is a relative term. Which means its opinion. I am sure you will say your 03 Cobra is better than most cars out there, and I will tell you its not. :burn:

I DO NOT SAY MY COBRA IS BETTER THAN ANYTHING! In fact I'vew had alot of problems but it is a 400 HP performance car that is likley to have it';s problems and there are plenty of guys that have NO problems, I just got one built on Monday!

Do wha? :??: Yes, to compete with Korea with the current cost of living is pretty hard! Again Tariffs

It makes lots of sence. They live in a place where you can live on $100.00 A week, we on the other hand do not, so it cost more for the US to produce cars. Simple Economics

Not likely. Family happens to stray away from the manufacturing industry, as it is slowly dying in America. Blame unions.
[/

Well, I'm so glad for your family, how about the other 200 Million american's involved in it?

Last edited:

nj7703

Established Member
Buying American is great but there was a time not long ago where the big 3 did not care about what we wanted or needed. They just assumed if they put out the same crappy products we would buy it and not ask questions. It was not the fault of the Autoworkers, or designers, was the big brass, just selling us crap. So the Japanese come in sell a better product, and we blame them for that? fast foward 20 plus years, and i think for every car offered by a foreign automaker there is an American product just as good or better. Competition bred a better American car.

I do agree with Scoriox on unions though. The UAW sucks and is probably 90% of the reason the big three has all their financial problems. They are also the reason the big 3 still has scattered quality issues. Some douchebag making $28 an hour can smoke pot and get drunk every day, pretty much carry on as a total piece of white trash their entire life, and not have to worry about getting fired because of the UAW. Trust me, I have seen too many examples in my own damn neighborhood. And these scumbags make more money than me!!!!! AHHH!!!:mj: :mj:

03SonicStang3

Established Member
I agree

Originally posted by Euphoric One
I do agree with Scoriox on unions though. The UAW sucks and is probably 90% of the reason the big three has all their financial problems. They are also the reason the big 3 still has scattered quality issues. Some douchebag making $28 an hour can smoke pot and get drunk every day, pretty much carry on as a total piece of white trash their entire life, and not have to worry about getting fired because of the UAW. Trust me, I have seen too many examples in my own damn neighborhood. And these scumbags make more money than me!!!!! AHHH!!!:mj: :mj:

Completely agree, they are pricing the US out of the market!

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
I think the whole reason this happened was because people were probably getting bored with the older style of the f-150 and were just simply waiting for the new one to come out...which i must say i love...i drive by the norfolk assembly plant everyday and its awesome :thumbsup: i think this newer truck with all the promise will be excellent and put em back on top

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Toyota vs Ford

Originally posted by RSXFMCJWR
You guys and gals should read toyota's 2002 annual financial report(especially the part about future plans), you will be amazed at how well that company is run. My advise to everyone here: BUY SOME TOYOTA STOCK! I already have 100 shares and it is doing great. :coolman:

Hmm, I have a few questions regarding Toyota Motor (symbol TM). I noticed the stock represents not just Toyota cars/trucks but 500 consolidated subsidiaries and 225 affliated companies. Ford stock (symbol F) represents two subsidiaries (automotive and financial which includes Hertz) and no affliated companies. Are you recommending the stock based on all the subs and companies or just the vechicle production? How do you think the currency (Yen) will effect the 500/200 businesses? Will the Toyota American dealers network allow the growth of new dealer locations which will help the comapany grow?

I noticed Ford hit a 52 week high today, up 43% in the last year (not bad). I noticed Ford pays a 3.25% dividend vs. Toyota's 0.90% dividend.

Users who are viewing this thread