Traction Control For The Ford Gt

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Here is a pic of the T.C Box that i have been working with a company for Hp street cars. As you can see in size its very small as my blackberry is next to it.

The box is a self leaning box, It senses wheel speed off the factory speed sensor which has twelve notches in it. Therefore it can detect wheel slip within 2-4inches of wheel movement. It is always recording the driveshaft speed and can detect spikes in the wheel speed. Unilike a factory systems that use 4 wheels speed sensor that have to messure 4 inputs and do the math and then send the response, this box messure the driveshaft speed in one shot.
The t.c box requires a Msd Timing twister box which is plug and play to the Ford Gt with no cutting of anywiring except for power. The timing twister is a timing retard box and uses a 0 to.5volt reference for timing retard. The Traction control box sends a 0to.5 signal depending on the amount of wheel slip. The t.c box also has adjustability in it to allow how fast the timing is ramped back in and the amount of sensitivity to the box depending Hp of the cars as less hp cars will need more sensitivity then high hp cars. You can also adjust how much timing you want taken out upon wheel slip. On the mod motors is does not take much more than 12degrees to really kick the dick out of the power:)
The T.C box also is a easy install with a power,ground, and 1 wire to the factory speed sensor. Then wire 0to.05volt referense wire up to timing twister.

Dodge contracted the company that built this box and it is standard item on the Viper Acr racecars. The viper has a 0 to .5volt timing retard wire that is not used in there factory pcm so it made installation even easier as it does not need the timing twister.

104_0268.jpg

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Cool idea, but traction control is for pussies.

Yup that is why all major auto makers, and Standalone computers are now coming equipped with traction control.:poke: Its not for pussies its for smart people. Lets you make passes where you may not of been able too. How about these watse of 1200rwhp street cars that can't put more than 800rwhp till 3rd and 4th gear.
Why don't you build a 1000+ rwhp car and we can race and when i put bus lengths on you, there may be some light shed on the need for t.c.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Yup that is why all major auto makers, and Standalone computers are now coming equipped with traction control.:poke: Its not for pussies its for smart people. Lets you make passes where you may not of been able too. How about these watse of 1200rwhp street cars that can't put more than 800rwhp till 3rd and 4th gear.
Why don't you build a 1000+ rwhp car and we can race and when i put bus lengths on you, there may be some light shed on the need for t.c.

Jeez, no one understands sarcasm anymore.

joeason1010

Banned
Ya I wouldn't argue with Dan he knows his shit for sure and probably has driven and built cars that would make ours look really really slow

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
I am doing one of these boxes in a Procharged 94 cobra that makes over 800rwhp. I'll have some vid up in the next month as i get the car finished.

Later
Dan

usmcrebel

Established Member
im not really understanding why build this for a gt...i thought the whole point of the FGT was to be as close to the gt40 as possible....i understand it on a 1krwhp car, but not a stock FGT.

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
im not really understanding why build this for a gt...i thought the whole point of the FGT was to be as close to the gt40 as possible....i understand it on a 1krwhp car, but not a stock FGT.

For 1 the Fgt's never came with t.c and its not just for the Ford gt it will work with about any car out there that makes big power, just a different box is needed per vehicle to control timing.

slider701

Established Member

Because there are quite a few Ford GT's that have gotten away from even some of the best drivers. During the development stages of the GT one of the managers on the program (who logged 1000's of miles in one) was coming off the Ohio turnpike coming up to the toll booths and realized he didn't have exact change and had to make it from the far left to the right lanes. Needless to say he back the GT into the toll booth as the 550 HP got the best of him during a momentary lapse of talent.

Users who are viewing this thread