Trading in my G8 GT for a Focus ST

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Hey, in about 8 hours I will be trading in my G8 GT for a ST3 focus ST. It is performance blue and has pretty much every option except the grey painted wheels/red brake calipers. I wanted to paint the wheels black and paint the calipers black anyways. My G8 GT showed some age (only 45k miles) and was pretty much just decently fast in a straight line. It was no fun, no nav system, and the brake/gas pedals were way to damn touchy. It looked pretty damn badass though and had a nice engine in it - only good things about it. Driving the focus is A LOT more fun and i have no regrets. I plan on buying a gen 3 cts-v(if they make one) anyways so fast sedans are not completely out of my life.

Anyways, I already bought a cpe stage 2 mount for the focus and am wondering what the proper break-in procedures are for these cars?

I'll update the thread with some pictures when i get the thing. Many people say I am trading down, but I don't think so. I'm happy with it and that's all that matters.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
Seems a lot of folks are trading more powerful cars for the ST's. They're just a fun all around car, and get decent mileage to boot! Under 2 weeks until mine finally gets here, and I can't wait!

Joyrider564

Established Member
Congrats! I am still up in the air between a focus st or a fiesta st. Ill get one or the other after deployment

Steve@Tasca

Seems a lot of folks are trading more powerful cars for the ST's. They're just a fun all around car, and get decent mileage to boot! Under 2 weeks until mine finally gets here, and I can't wait!

There's something to be said for a well balanced, fun to drive car like the ST.

My little old SVT is far from the fastest car I've owned or driven but it is the most fun especially on a windy backroad :thumbsup:

-Steve

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I really, really like this little thing. I feel kinda like a girl in it though because it is a focus but I like it a lot better than my G8. Much more fun to drive and the recaros are awesome. Thing wheel hops like a MOFO though. Floored it in first up to redline, went to hit second and heard a loud pop. Cars fine but that just scared me. I'm about to install the motor mount right now.

I only have pictures on my phone and am too lazy to upload them now. Just picture the blue focus with silver wheels.

No regrets here. The g8 handled like shit and I hated the trans/brakes on it. FST handles pretty well and brakes are awesome. It's just a neat little car.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
IMG_20131025_112156032_HDR_zps65b7f7cd.jpg

IMG_20131025_133457608_zps72f774c2.jpg

IMG_20131025_144525657_HDR_zpse7915a78.jpg

Trucks mods: Ecoboost, fx appearance package, livernois catless downpipe, AED tune.
Mustang mods: stage 2 procharger kit, full suspension, steeda watts linkage, carbon fiber driveshaft, return-style fuel system and an e85 tune.
Focus mods: just the cpe engine mount.

I'm planning on getting a cobb v3 tune for the focus, sway bars, that steeda shifter bracket, catless downpipe, a blow off valve, and cobb's intercooler kit.

I'm planning on getting the full-race intercooler kit/tial blow off valve for the F150.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Congratulations on the new whip, great looking car. Lethal should be getting one within the next few weeks I hope and we can start playing around with it. Give us a call when you're ready to buy those parts, we will do our best to get you taken care of and use that member discount!

Thanks,
Matt

mysterio

Established Member
Looks good, OP, you'll have fun with it.

Like you, I "traded down" by swapping my 05 Mustang for the ST. No regrets whatsoever. I've owned 7 diff Stangs down through the years, still love them, and will likely have another. Right now, though, the ST is perfect for my needs.

Steve@Tasca

I really, really like this little thing. I feel kinda like a girl in it though because it is a focus but I like it a lot better than my G8. Much more fun to drive and the recaros are awesome. Thing wheel hops like a MOFO though. Floored it in first up to redline, went to hit second and heard a loud pop. Cars fine but that just scared me. I'm about to install the motor mount right now.

I only have pictures on my phone and am too lazy to upload them now. Just picture the blue focus with silver wheels.

No regrets here. The g8 handled like shit and I hated the trans/brakes on it. FST handles pretty well and brakes are awesome. It's just a neat little car.

Now go find that twisty backroad and you'll understand what that car was designed to do. :beer:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I don't necessarily think I "Traded down" with this car. The G8 looked good and had a good engine, that's about all that was good about it. Interior sucked, brakes sucked, handling sucked, gas/brakes were to touchy, it was an auto, and it started to show it's age. I think the focus is more comfy and just a lot more fun to drive. Only way i'd ever go back to a G8 was if I bought a stryker blue g8 gxp.

I do feel kind of like a girl in the focus though and felt more manly in the G8. But whatever.

It's been below 50 here in MI. The summer tires dont really hook that well for me to be flying around corners haha

Users who are viewing this thread