Tranny Is Out, Where Is A Good Local Tranny Shop

Tylerb59

Established Member
hmwave said:
It goes in for a DFX clutch soon. I think the TOB or Pilot bearing has exploded on the DF.

If it's not too late, I'd cancel that order and get a SPEC Stage III. I had the gosh awful DFX in for 700 miles before it pooped out on me.

The weights on the pressure plate become unbalanced, pressure plate fingers bent and somehow threw the shift fork pivot off.
http://esimracing.com/stang/vids/clutch/clicking.wmv

The overall feel of the clutch was rather poor from the beginning and everyone who drove it didn't like it (Rick included).

And of course when my clutch hit the fan, Ellis was there to save the day with great service and met me late in the night to pull my car into the shop after it was towed there at 1am! :bowdown:

Put in the SPEC Stage III and it's been a joy. Nothing is better then the overall feel of the stock clutch but for what you're getting there is always a tradeoff and SPEC is one of the best. Looking around on the Terminator forums I've seen several other DFX failures.

This is actually my third STGIII in my third Mustang and it's been a long standing relationship apparently. I wanted to give the DFX a try ... I really did but it failed.

Last edited:

hmwave

Established Member

Tylerb59

Established Member
SF873F

(Stage Three PLUS)

Verify it's 10 Spline input if you haven't upgraded, I'm using the 26 spline version with the upgraded input shaft.

hmwave

Established Member
Tylerb59 said:
SF873F

(Stage Three PLUS)

Verify it's 10 Spline input if you haven't upgraded, I'm using the 26 spline version with the upgraded input shaft.

Thanks Tyler.

I just called and the supplier will replace the DFX with the SF873F.

Users who are viewing this thread