Tucson

Mac25

Established Member
Was driving by Jim Click on 22nd and I had to pull into to confirm what I thought I saw. I was right. They have 4 Saleen S281's and a Ford GT. I talked to a guy and he said they picked up the contract with Saleen to sell them again. They were marked up 6 grand over mrsp. Nice cars!!! VERY NICE! I couldn't drop 47 grand on a car and still only have 325 rhp though. They will be getting a few S281SC's also. Again way over mrsp.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
What color was the GT? Last time I was there they had the white with blue stripes. Both times I forgot my camera! :cuss: Of course they had the car roped off so you couldn't touch it. :rollseyes

Mac25

Established Member
It was the same one. I had the same thought, "where is my camera?" And the ropes are still there.

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
My understanding is the GT belongs to the owner. He had it there for a month or 2 and then it was gone. Guess he decided to bring it back and let people drool over it who couldn't afford it, without getting to close to the car though. :kaboom: I was honestly going to ask if I could take it for a test drive when I was out there last time, but it was gone. I figured the worst they would do is tell me no. Go ask them to go for a ride in it! :rockon:

Chris

AzDropTop

Established Member
Hey Chris, you wont believe this but I've been riding with The JIM Click bike racing team lately. Long story. Anyway he is a really great guy! Down to earth and very friendly. He just gave me about 200 bucks worth of riding cloths!!!!! The GT was at a chaitable event that is why it was gone for awhile. I asked him about a month ago if he has had the chance to get all over the GT yet and he said no due to the Contral arm recall. I'm hoping for a ride soon..... :D

sounds like I need to go check out the Saleens though! Thanks for the heads up Mac25. :pepper:

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
Well tell him to let me drive it and we'll see if I want to buy it afterwards or not! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

AzDropTop

Established Member
Chris_H said:
Well tell him to let me drive it and we'll see if I want to buy it afterwards or not! :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

LOL. I actually going to invite him to bring it to one or two or our SVTOA events! At least we can look at it up close! :beer:

CO9B3RA

Established Member
Jim's GT

This past Monday Jim had his white w/blue srtiped GT at my place of employ,
Raytheon. We cannot have private cameras on the property so there I was
drooling over that GT and no way to take a picture it....the car, that is, not
the drool evidence. I'd love to "put that car on" and take it out for a short,
life altering drive. I'm satisfied with my '93 Teal Cobra, though, as I can afford the insurance and gas! :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread