tune question

98BlownSVT

Established Member
i am taking my car back to N/A from a SC set up. will i be able to start and run the car on the supercharged tune until i can get it tuned back to stock. When my car was tuned would they have used a chip or used the obd2 port?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Positive displacement or Centri? May be an issue if PD because the power comes on almost instantly and you may be running too rich?

I believe too rich is bad for the cats as unburned fuel gets dumped?

Centri, I think, would give you less of an issue as power comes later in RPM's

May have to go to dealer for a flash back to stock??

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you don't have a hand held tuner then check the ECU to see if you have a chip plugged in. If there's a chip remove it and you're back to stock. Make sure you have a stock MAF and injectors to put in. I ran around on my blower tune without a blower for awhile. It ran fine until I went past half throttle. That's when it went into open loop and would dump fuel.

98BlownSVT

Established Member
If you don't have a hand held tuner then check the ECU to see if you have a chip plugged in. If there's a chip remove it and you're back to stock. Make sure you have a stock MAF and injectors to put in. I ran around on my blower tune without a blower for awhile. It ran fine until I went past half throttle. That's when it went into open loop and would dump fuel.

thank you, totally awnsered my question.

the chip is gona be obviously aftermarket right?

Users who are viewing this thread