Tune turnaround time...

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Hey guys, I am in my final stages on selecting an Intake/Tune/Axle-back...

I'm down to the Magnaflow street vs the Borla touring for the exhaust, but there aren't that many tune reviews for manual 11 GT's.

One of the important things for me is the turnaround time to get a tune "fixed" if the car isn't running right. I read somewhere of someone asking where his tune is, and the company was talking about losing emails and the tuner was really busy...not what I'm looking for.

Who has purchased a tune, had it fixed, and is satisfied with the customer service? There is nothing more frustrating then spending hundreds or thousands of dollars with a company, only to not be able to get a hold of anyone when there's problems....

Thanx guys!

Can't wait to get some answers cuz I can't wait to order the parts!!!

ViciousJay

Established Member
Hey guys, I am in my final stages on selecting an Intake/Tune/Axle-back...

I'm down to the Magnaflow street vs the Borla touring for the exhaust, but there aren't that many tune reviews for manual 11 GT's.

One of the important things for me is the turnaround time to get a tune "fixed" if the car isn't running right. I read somewhere of someone asking where his tune is, and the company was talking about losing emails and the tuner was really busy...not what I'm looking for.

Who has purchased a tune, had it fixed, and is satisfied with the customer service? There is nothing more frustrating then spending hundreds or thousands of dollars with a company, only to not be able to get a hold of anyone when there's problems....

Thanx guys!

Can't wait to get some answers cuz I can't wait to order the parts!!!

im a manual car and ive had 3 tunes, whatcha wanna know? i also have a midpipe, axle back and JLT intake and have had 2 weeks worth of tune revisions... if you need some help feel free to PM ME

Last edited:

Tispho

Established Member
If your car has a problem and you have to change it back to stock. It will probably take about 50 miles worth of driving or so for the ECU to set all the parameters.

Silver5Oh

Established Member
If your car has a problem and you have to change it back to stock. It will probably take about 50 miles worth of driving or so for the ECU to set all the parameters.

as far as i know all you have to do is reset the tune to stock, and when they ask why your pcm is reading re-flashed just tell them it happened a week ago and you had to let the car sit because you went out of town so you unhooked the battery.

ViciousJay

Established Member

actually letting it idle till operating temps is when it adaptive learns everything

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Sorry guys, I don't think I explained what I'm asking right.

I am going to be buying a tune/int/exh combo, and I'm trying to find out who has the best customer service. It is important to me to get a good quality tune, but it is also as important to me to be able to actually get a hold of whoever I bought the tune from.

The responses I'm looking for are "I bought my tune from XXXX, and they had great customer service and I was always able to get a hold of them for tune corrections", or "I bought a tune from YYYYY and it was a decent tune but I couldn't get any replies about getting little things fixed from them".

I understand that not everything works perfectly the first time, I'm just saying I DO NOT want to purchase from a company that is hard to get responses from....

ViciousJay

Established Member
Sorry guys, I don't think I explained what I'm asking right.

I am going to be buying a tune/int/exh combo, and I'm trying to find out who has the best customer service. It is important to me to get a good quality tune, but it is also as important to me to be able to actually get a hold of whoever I bought the tune from.

The responses I'm looking for are "I bought my tune from XXXX, and they had great customer service and I was always able to get a hold of them for tune corrections", or "I bought a tune from YYYYY and it was a decent tune but I couldn't get any replies about getting little things fixed from them".

I understand that not everything works perfectly the first time, I'm just saying I DO NOT want to purchase from a company that is hard to get responses from....

i got a package from Blow By Racing, 624 for a Tuner, CAI. They have great tunes and i made great power 423/377

im sure others will say use Amazon or VMP seeing how they are sponsers but its cool, if i were you call around a few places and talk to them, then start a scratch list till there is only one left thats what i did. Heck my buddy Musclefan21 talked me into BBR cuz they tuned his 07 GT with minimal mods that went 12.6@109 which is crazy and it still had some left in it for a possible 12.4 run

Bad Intention

Established Member
Call around and speak with couple different tunners. Talk with them about what you are looking for. Alot can be gaind from speaking with them. Then you will be able to make your decision. There are alot of great tunners out there.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
^^^^this....best advice..talk one on one and make your decision based on your converstations..you have to see who is best to meet your goals for your vehicle

any tuner who is good at what they do is going to be busy
when you get hundreds of emails a day..some are going to not go where they are supposted to go

we have just changed our contact email so that all emails sent to that address go to both my computer and Ricks ..that way we have redundency

we can also be contacted by phone or PMs if getting no response from emails

we try to never have a back log of more than 24-48 hours..the only time we do is if Rick is travelling to tuning events and is out of the shop or he is sick

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
^^^^this....best advice..talk one on one and make your decision based on your converstations..you have to see who is best to meet your goals for your vehicle

any tuner who is good at what they do is going to be busy
when you get hundreds of emails a day..some are going to not go where they are supposted to go

we have just changed our contact email so that all emails sent to that address go to both my computer and Ricks ..that way we have redundency

we can also be contacted by phone or PMs if getting no response from emails

we try to never have a back log of more than 24-48 hours..the only time we do is if Rick is travelling to tuning events and is out of the shop or he is sick

That was a great response... exactly what I look for when dealing with a shop... You have now been added to my SHORT list of possible tuners. I'll be getting a hold of you for more info Linn :beer:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
PM your # to me when you are ready and we will give you a call on our dime..

Rick is one of a small group of tuners who have been tuning for many many years..he explains every step of the tuning process to you so you can understand and learn what is going on with your vehicle if you are interested in knowing about it..and works with you to optimalize your tune..

our custom tuning option consists of unlimited tunes,unlimited support and free revisions for as long as you own the vehicle no matter what you add to your set up

Users who are viewing this thread