Turbo 98 cobra

VENOM98

NOVI POWER
Established Member
This is going to be my new setup guys. I'm well underway on getting my parts list complete and my engine build will begin next month hopefully. I have talked to the guys at X2C motorsports and as soon as the engine is done the car will be dropped of to X2C for them to do their magic.

Superior automotive will be building my engine with all the hardware necessary for 1000rwhp.

SPECS SHORT BLOCK:Cunnigham rods, Ross 8.5/1 pistons, Billet oil pump gears, Billet main cap girdle, Supporting ARP hardware, Moroso 10qt oil pan.

SPECS HEADS Port and polish with stock camshafts, Crower SS valves, dual springs and bronze guides. Ported manifold and IMRC delete carried over from current combo.

FUEL SYSTEM 72# injectors, weldon 2025 pump and weldon FPR. #10 feed lines, #8 return on current sumped tank.

Still debating whether to go with the ver2.0 X2C prepped tremec TKO or go with a lentech auto.

Pics of X2C's 97 cobra test bed with a t-76 turbo.....

turbo983.jpg

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Don't they remove the A/C and a couple of other accessories to get their system to fit?

chknhwk

Keep us posted - I'm researching turbos for my '98 as well.

Isn't 8.5:1 a little low for the DOHC's? You could probably get away with the stock compression or around 9:1.

Good luck!! We want #'s and kills!!!!

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by hwkrcng
Keep us posted - I'm researching turbos for my '98 as well.

Isn't 8.5:1 a little low for the DOHC's? You could probably get away with the stock compression or around 9:1.

Good luck!! We want #'s and kills!!!!

8.5:1 would be ideal for a DOHC engine with turbo. As long as you get the right sized turbo you shouldn't notice any sluggishness.

Chris95SVT

Terminate THIS!
Established Member
Looks good, and I don't knock X2C at all.. But why wouldn't you do a bolt on kit from Turbolocity instead of spending all that loot for a custom kit? Just curious, maybe I'm just cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread