TVS/Auto headed for the 1/4 mile tonight!

BMR Tech

I wasnt saying DEEP staging, I was saying deepER staging, I have never picked up .15 from shallow to deep but depending on the wheel diameter, beam height etc its possible I guess.

Typically between a shallow (just turning the 2nd stage light on) and a 'normal' stage is about half a tenth on a 10 second car. I dont think I ever seen anyone try to deep stage looking for internet time slips, except by accident :)

Here are 3 passes, not quite back-to-back....but the same day, nonetheless. We keep a very in-depth spreadsheet on every pass our car makes, with every detail you can imagine. I referred to our sheet to see the data on these passes. Notice the sixty foot change between the two tunes with 14 degrees timing. Ironically, the 3rd pass didn't have transmission issues with an additional 2 degrees added, the car was flying and we had to slam on the brakes. All runs, traction (wheel-speed) was similar, the difference was the deep VS shallow and the timing on the 3rd pass. What is awesome is, 2 degrees of timing almost got us a full tenth improvement in the 60'.

1043MIR.jpg

BMR Tech

For comparison purposes, here is the same car on the 82mm pulley, with 14 degrees, shallow staging.

IMAG0939.jpg

That was with a base tune. We didn't have the car tuned until the 79mm Pulley went on, and the trans has been giving us some issues. The similar trap speeds (79mm VS 82mm) are a combination of us letting off at the very end of the race for bracket racing purposes, and transmission issues.

We are going to shoot for ET's soon. Something we have never done before, as we always worry about crossing the line first while off the gas or on the brakes.

Last edited:

olaosunt

Established Member
congrats on the runs John.
Ken told me you guys would be in Muncie,but I decided to go to O'Riley.
I am afraid of going to muncie these days because I always seem to break something.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
Well next on my agenda is a set of gears. I just have to decide which ratio, 3.55's or 3.73's. They both allow some "head room". It's going to be a minimum of three weeks before the install though. If we get some decent weather before then I may go back.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
With my tire height it makes 3.73's a little closer to acting like 3.55's. 3.73's it is, or 3.90's. Haha. :D

Users who are viewing this thread