Twin Turbo SHO

6SpeedLover

Established Member
bamptron said:
i live in the suburbs of reading. exeter township to be exact. but the project isn't going to be getting really underway until next summer as i am leaving in august for school in arizona and won't have time to work on the car until i'm back.

Yea, I think we are a bit far from each other. Im in Pittsburgh, well any-way I look forward to seeing your progress on the SHO next year...

blue92

Established Member
RTStabler51 said:
Stick with Doug on this. He's the man to do this for you. I don't think anyone has successfully a ctually TT a SHO yet in the Taurus...

Yea Doug's the guy ask Jason(KauticSHO) in cental Tx. Dougs had his SHO going on 4 years now and Jason is still waiting for it back. :??:

There's a guy in Texas with a supercharged SHO runnin 21 to 23lbs of boost and getting close to 600hp to the wheels. Supercharged is the way to go. This guy in Texas owns a speed shop called North Texas Performance. :-D

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Yeah, I wouldn't take my car to Doug. I just keep hearing about Jason's car but is it ever done. I had mine supercharged and safe to beat on in less than a weekend.

qwikhuh

Established Member
So when all is said and done to properly build this car with the right parts you will end up with a $50,000 SHO that will probably not be terribly reliable. I love my SHO and I am all for being different but Why?

yamahaSHO

Established Member
SinisterSHO said:
The amount you need to spend on a SHO to make it as fast as a Vette, is less than said Vette.

CONSIDERABLY LESS! After this motor build and a few other things I've got coming that I haven't let out yet (to include the purchase price of the vehicle), I probably have about $23K - $25k in my SHO.

I can purchase a decent SHO at about 2k - 3k and spend another 4k - 5k and have it beat a stock C6. :thumbsup: With that said.... I'd rather have the C6.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread