Twin Turbo users?

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Any of you guys using this setup on a stock GT intake? 99 & up in particular? I had a question about the composite intake and the heat generated by the turbos.

Rara

Established Member
I think I know what you're getting at. I wouldn't worry about temps in the intake as far as manifold materials go. The plastic is a high temp material and intake charge temp should cause little trouble. IIRC, much more heat is transferred through the heads, etc. into the manifold than the intake charge would bring.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
Any of you guys using this setup on a stock GT intake? 99 & up in particular? I had a question about the composite intake and the heat generated by the turbos.

Remember most of the fittings on the turbo plumbing are made of the same material. I wouldn't worry about it to much.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Well I'm not going that far yet. I just wanted some general background info from users. Gains, difficulty of installation, longevity of their motors etc.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Oh hell yeah! can you imagine trying to keep a tranny in that :D

i would just use a tranny from a caterpillar earth mover or somethin....LOL
Ya think that would bolt up to the modular, or would i have to get an adapter? LMAO

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by quick01snake

i would just use a tranny from a caterpillar earth mover or somethin....LOL
Ya think that would bolt up to the modular, or would i have to get an adapter? LMAO
LMAO!!!!! might need a lilttle adapter..........might have to put a slight lift kit............ but hey 4 wheel drive!!! bitchen!! :lol:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
ok, tryin not to get off subject any more today, anyone know if anybody makes any turbo kits for the 99-01 cobras yet? and maybe how much? i know they're out there for the gt's.....

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by quick01snake
ok, tryin not to get off subject any more today, anyone know if anybody makes any turbo kits for the 99-01 cobras yet? and maybe how much? i know they're out there for the gt's.....
There is a German company that makes a turbo kit called the 57i manufacturer is A.H. Tuning.

Does Icon make a Turbo for the newer Cobras??? I know they have some for the 95's cant think of any others off the top of my head

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
There is a German company that makes a turbo kit called the 57i manufacturer is A.H. Tuning.

Does Icon make a Turbo for the newer Cobras??? I know they have some for the 95's cant think of any others off the top of my head

you mean Incon? i don't know, but TDC is supposed to be coming out with their kit fairly soon i've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread