Two different Wire upgrade Directions????

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Just posted the following response to a fellow Cobra owner in the Terminator Talk Forum.

IronTerp said:
Well, it appears that there are TWO set of directions coming out of Lethal. I used the one below and got the same symptons as you did......Car wouldn't start and the relay adapter just make a ticking sound. Then, I looked at the directions they sent with my kit and the wiring schematic is totally different. The new directions have 1) white wire going to power source, 2) blue to ground, 3) black to fused wire from BAP, and 4) yellow to green/yellow wire in harness.

BAP WIRING UPGRADE INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS PRE FPDM

1- Disconnect Negative battery terminal
2- Run the 8 awg wire from the battery to the back of the car down the drivers side. Make sure that AGU fuse holder is about 12 inches away from battery. Run the wire loom in the engine compartment to protect the power cable.
3- Disconnect the harness that goes into the FPDM. With the wire harness disconnected that goes to the stock FPDM, peel back wire loom and plastic about 6-8 inches.
4- About 3-4 inches from the connector end, cut the Green/Yellow Wire.
5- On the Green/Yellow wire that is in the wire loom, connect that to the Black wire on the Adaptor plug. If you aren’t using the plug, Install on Pin 86 on relay.
6- Connect the white wire, to ground. If you aren’t using the plug, go to Pin 85 on relay.
7- Connect the fused wire from the BAP to the Blue wire on the plug. This is also known as Pin 30 on relay.
8- Connect the 8 awg wire from the battery to the Yellow wire on the plug. This is also known as pin 87.
9- Connect the NON- Fused red wire from the BAP to the Green/Yellow wire on the connector side of the FPDM.
10- Verify that you have all fused installed and there are no exposed wires. Fuses should be as follows: There should be a 40 amp fuse in the AGU fuse holder near the battery. Make sure that the fuse provided from KB for the BAP is installed. And last one is to replace fuse the 20 amp Fuel pump fuse that is in the fuse box under the engine bay with a 30 amp fuse. This is fuse #14. This is located behind the battery.
11- Reconnect Negative terminal at battery.

NOTES:
1- If you are not using a hobbs switch, twist 2 wires for the hobbs together. This will allow the BAP to be on all the time.
2- Adjustment dial can be mounted in the trunk, or up front. Usually this is placed at about 25%. Do not crank this up to 50% unless it’s required. Ask your tuner where they recommend this being placed for your application

PARTS LIST:
17 ft red 8awg power cable
3 ft black 8awg power cable
2 8 gauge gold plated ring terminal lugs
5 ft ¼” wire loom, 1 agu fuse holder with 40 amp fuse
1 40 amp relay with socket,
2 8awg butt connectors, 2 12-10 gauge butt connectors, 2 16-14 gauge butt connectors
4 zip ties
Misc. heat shrink

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
IronTerp said:
Just posted the following response to a fellow Cobra owner in the Terminator Talk Forum.

The kits that have been recently shipping you can find the instructions on our website at the bottom of the main page in the Technical Documants section. Please let me know if you need the old directions and I will do my best to get them to you. Thanks, Jared

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Thanks Jared. I switched all the wiring to the set of directions that came with the upgrade kit and everything works fine. Just kind of got me that there's two different set of directions out there with different wire schematics.

Users who are viewing this thread