Unofficial first FiST Pullover in the nation

wheelhopper

Established Member
Considering how new these Fiesta STs are and how few are on the road, I am guessing that I may be the first to get pulled over.

I nailed the throttle last night to make a light and just as I passed through I saw a local officer in the oncoming turn lane. He did not come right after me so I thought I was good, but then I saw him make a U turn. The road curved and I was in a populated area with lots of roads. There was about a 5-6 second window where I lost sight of him in my rear view and for a brief instant I thought "I could take a couple side roads and lose him". But I had my son, a 19 year old Marine, in the car and figured that would not be a good example. The officer closed in and stayed behind me for about a mile and through one light. I thought he may just see if I was screwing around and was going to do some stupid stuff, but honestly I am a pretty safe driver overall and do my crazy stuff on the road course so no more laws broken. He flicked his lights and I pulled onto a side road. The guys face was priceless. I roll the tinted window down and he shines the light in my face to see a 43 year old with a near military hair cut and my son with his high and tight. I know he was expecting a couple 20 year olds with hats on side ways and big necklaces. He said I was doing 56 in a 40. Went to his car came back and gave me a warning. Not much conversation was exchanged.

The kicker was I had a trunk full of firearms. My son and myself was just leaving a local gun shop and had just purchased a couple of AR rifles.

peoples1234

Established Member
The kicker was I had a trunk full of firearms. My son and myself was just leaving a local gun shop and had just purchased a couple of AR rifles.

Hmm...must have picked up some HBARs since your in MD and our level of stupid just went up a couple of notches Oct 1st.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Ha! I haven't heard anyone use the term "wicked" since I was hanging with a bunch of girls from Boston while in college. They used to say "wicked cool" all the time. We would get our beer from the Packy. That threw me when I first heard it.

sonic cobra

Established Member
From one long time terminator guy to another, how is that Fiesta ST working for you? They are starting to pique my interest. I too am considering retiring the Cobra. Have you tracked it yet?

wheelhopper

Established Member
I really like my Fiesta. Its no drag race winner, but it has plenty of power to zip in and out of traffic. The turning radius is also way better than any car I have driven in a long time. I feel like I am driving an exotic go-kart.

I have tracked it once at NJMP. I took two other instructors for a ride and both were impressed with the power and how the car performed completely stock. I don't plan on tracking it much. My track car is my moded up '90GT. I may swap that out in the next year for a 2005-2007 Mustang GT.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have booster seat in the back of mine. I am sure two car seats would fit, but that would be it. Hope the kids get along cause they will be right next to each other.

Users who are viewing this thread