UPR Blue Thunder Shifter ?

RedfireVert

Las Vegas SEMA 2005 -
Established Member
I have the UPR shifter. It works great. My one complaint is that it transfers noise/vibration that wasn't there before. I am sure that is true of most aftermarket shifters. The fix seems to involve a urethane gasket where the shifter base meets the tranny.

You might know that the UPR Blu Thunder is a carbon copy of the Steeda Tri-ax and both companies are suing each other over design.

kgcobra03

Established Member
No regrets, big improvement over stock. Haven't missed a shift yet. Picked it up on e-bay for $77.00. I added the MGW adjustable shifter handle. Works great.:beer:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Originally posted by kgcobra03
No regrets, big improvement over stock. Haven't missed a shift yet. Picked it up on e-bay for $77.00. I added the MGW adjustable shifter handle. Works great.:beer:

Ditto!!!

eod guy

Established Member
I love it! I am sad to cover up sucha nice looking shifter with the boot. Any mods out there to leave it exposed???

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
Originally posted by kgcobra03

That's kinda funny given that MGW basically hates UPR. In this season of thanksgiving, isn't it nice to know that in your car UPR and MGW can live in synchrony. :p

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
$77, wow that is cheap

2/5ths the price of my PRO5.0 from Nelsons Performance, $180 delivered.

Users who are viewing this thread