URGENT!!! HOOD LATCH PROBLEM WITH THE NEW SALEEN HOOD ON 97 GT!!!

Roush97

Established Member
I just bought a Saleen heat extractor hood for my '97 GT. The fit is nice and I have no complaints there. The hood latches on the first latch. When I go to close the hood the second latch that locks it in place will not latch over the inside of the hood. Is this a common problem? I need to figure out the problem ASAP! I have already tried adjusting the stops that control the height of the hood and I have tried to adjust the latch itself but it only moves a little if at all. Please I need some help!!! Thanks in advance.

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
I tried to put the same hood on my '95 Cobra, but it wouldnt fit right either. I put it on and i left it crooked for a while until it bugged me enough. I took it to a body shop and they told me something was wrong with the latch and the hood lining up right. They fixed it for me and now it looks great!

Andrew

Roush97

Established Member
On the back of the latch there are 2 pins that go into the body and keep you from adjusting the latch. I thought about cutting them off but thought that there must be an easiere way. I went onto every board I am a member to and posted this. A guy on the Corral finally told me that the pins had to go. So I whipped out the dremel and cut those suckers off. It still took like 10-12 tries to get the latch right but it closes like the old hood now. This hood is awesome! It actually fits better side to side than the stock hood. The only thing is that I couldn't find any differences between the 2 latches. Oh well it doesn't matter now. Thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread