valve body help

svtmuscle2003

Established Member
i'm getting ready to order a new valve body for my truck and i was hoping someone could give me some input as to which one to get. i know two people with different ones, greg evans and LFP stage 1, but both of their L's are supercharged so i don't think i can use those as a good comparison to what mine will be like because i'm running naturally aspirated with a few bolt on mods (exhaust, pulley, and cai). i just need to know which one feels better in terms of shifting and which one is more reliable and safe for my tranny. i've already had tranny slippage problems in the past so i don't want it to be too agressive for wear and tear issues, but i still want a firm shift. i know the greg evans valve body barks 2nd pretty much just crusing. your help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Well, the later Factory Tech VB's were the ones that were shifting too hard IIRC. I think that was due to Greg not building them anymore and selling the rights to build them to Jasper (someone correct me if I'm wrong here). So although a Factory Tech VB used to be the way to go before, you don't here very many people recommending them now for this very reason. I haven't heard too many people with the LFP VB, but I can't imagine that it would be a poor product as Mark has done nothing but put out quality products for the Lightning community. If you don't want overwhelmingly hard shifts, I'd say go with the LFP just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread