Vibration

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this with their vehicles, but apparently on mine it was an issue.
When I picked up my cobra, I never really noticed any major vibe (not compared to my '99 cobras vibe anyway), but just the other day I had two new tires put on the rear (after only 13000 miles, I don't burn them at all, do I?) mounted, balanced, all that good stuff.
It seems that there was a significant vibe between 65 and 100 or so, that apparently has been eliminated by having non-Ford-balanced tires on it. It is TOTALLY smooth to however high a speed i want to take it (had it up to 140 or so yesterday). So I was thinking that if some of you are having a similar type vibe, maybe have your dealership check the balance on the tires. Can't hurt to ask, and if it goes as well as mine has, you'll be SO much happier.

SVTNICK

Established Member
actually..i just had a new rear tire put on(after coming outside to see it flat) and my car now vibrates between 65 and 100 mph....i think they didnt balance the tire too well..anyhow..its going for service in 2 days.. I find out then.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by quick01snake
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this with their vehicles, but apparently on mine it was an issue.
When I picked up my cobra, I never really noticed any major vibe (not compared to my '99 cobras vibe anyway), but just the other day I had two new tires put on the rear (after only 13000 miles, I don't burn them at all, do I?) mounted, balanced, all that good stuff.
It seems that there was a significant vibe between 65 and 100 or so, that apparently has been eliminated by having non-Ford-balanced tires on it. It is TOTALLY smooth to however high a speed i want to take it (had it up to 140 or so yesterday). So I was thinking that if some of you are having a similar type vibe, maybe have your dealership check the balance on the tires. Can't hurt to ask, and if it goes as well as mine has, you'll be SO much happier.

On my Lightning when it was new, I marked the tires at the valve stem. Checked them after a few miles and hard accelerations and the tires had spin on the rim a inch or two. That would deffinately put your wheels out of balance, is it possible that is what happen to you???

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
Re: Re: Vibration

Originally posted by Cobra-R

On my Lightning when it was new, I marked the tires at the valve stem. Checked them after a few miles and hard accelerations and the tires had spin on the rim a inch or two. That would deffinately put your wheels out of balance, is it possible that is what happen to you???

I'd say that's quite possible....maybe I should have them re-balanced every so often. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread