Vibration

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
I've got a vibration up near the front right tire in my truck...any clue about what i should look for? it is strong enough to feel from the drivers seat but it isn't violent or anything but im worried about it because it hasn't been there before...any help will be appreciated :??:

scootro

Established Member
GMAN93Lightning said:
I've got a vibration up near the front right tire in my truck...any clue about what i should look for? it is strong enough to feel from the drivers seat but it isn't violent or anything but im worried about it because it hasn't been there before...any help will be appreciated :??:

only thing i can say is take it to your trusted tire shop and have them put it on a lift... it could be something simple like wheel bearings??

i haven't had this problem with my 94' so i can't help, ya... SORRY :(

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
When does it happen? I'm having something similar like this happen to mine, but it's more like a clunk, same tire as yours.

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
Well mine happens mostly up around 60 when i accelerate but then sometimes it happens whenever i accelerate at all it seems when im up a little higher in speed and then if i accelerate a little more it seems to go away but it always happens again

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I'm thinking bearings like scootro said, or maybe even something more simple...like the tire being unbalanced. I found out what my clunk was, I'm such an idiot, both exhaust hanger bolts came out (don't ask me how) and the exhaust was resting/hitting the crossmember. *ouch* Going to the hardware store asap.

GMAN93Lightning

Established Member
hahaha damn well atleast it was a simple problem...i'm taking it today to get it aligned if that doesn't work then how can I check the bearings? can i even check them myself? I'm a computer guy who is trying to pick up the muscle car hobby so some teaching would help...

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
I just did a total brake job on my beater (calipers, rotors, master cylinder, brake lines, etc.) and checked the bearings while I was there. Since I can't think of a good way to put it, here's a decent link. (Further down the page) http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ab_brakes/article/0,2021,DIY_13682_2271406,00.html To break the nut loose, use a torque wrench. Removing the hub, may involve using a puller. Really the job is not that hard, the bearings get dirty and may be damaged, or can just be regreased.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread