Waiting for my engine

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
I've been waiting on a new engine for my Cobra for over 3 weeks now. I was told I would only have to wait 9 days. You guys are probly wondering how I f*cked my old one, well so am I. They said it could have been a faulty part or "abuse". I know how I drove my car and trust me I've seen a lot worse. If any abuse did happen it was in the 300km before I bought my car.

While the car is being worked on you think they would give something decent to drive maybe a GT or maybe even a 6?
No, I get a gas guzling Freestar. Talk about bad mileage 13.5L/100km. My Cobra is better on gas.

Anyways, just a couple of things to add
- car has just over 10k
- it was a bearing on the crank that went
- I used the recomended 5w20(mistake?)

If you guys could tell me how you run your cars, what type of oil you use or just anything in general I would really appreciate it.

dohc32v

Established Member
whats up? sorry to here about your car hope you get a
better built engine . i have a 04 cobra , sold my 03 mach 1
for the cobra. only have had it for 3 weeks.anyway i use
5w20 oil,after 10000km i will be using 5w30 syn. 1 week after
i picked up the car had a leak (power steering hose):fm:
where in canada are you from.:beer:

freakshow12

Established Member
sorry to hear that dude! thats why I keep my 97! those engines are tough! although my car took a dump 79000kms! bad rings on #7. my dealer is going to see if he can buy back the mystichrome vert(sold to old guy) and get me in. if not I am on the list for new car in 06. hope all goes well I think my new stroker is coming from VT engines

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by dohc32v
where in canada are you from.[/B]

I'm from Picton Ontario, but I'm currently living in Oromocto New Brunswick. These east coasters are addicted to speed too. Some guy out here has an 03 KB Cobra putting down over 600rwhp. Not too shabby.

Users who are viewing this thread