Want 300 n/a rwhp on my 01GT, What mods??

Darkman

Rolling Thunder
Established Member
01pony Yes, they would open the door for your power adder. I also wouldn't say no shit shirlock from one Marine to another. I went down that exact same road almost to a t several years ago na made just over 300hp. I would go with a PMS over a diablo though. Trust me on this one. The PMS is the way to go if you continue to make mods on the car. You can adjust anything you want timing, fuel, activate your nitrous, control boost etc. It is an amazing little product. Check out Anderson Motorsport homepage you will not be disappointed. I know labor is not an issue to you which is awesome but cost effective is what I'm trying to make a point on.

blackice

Resident F*#@head
Established Member
Well my buddy has a 2000 gt with full bolt ons and jst got stage 2 cams and a custom tune 274 to the wheels not impressed so I agree with the heads to get over 300

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
So Basicly Yall Are Saying All I Need For 300+ Hp Is A Set Of Cams And Heads??? (car Below)

Just Trying To Get Some Of The Facts Stright And Will That Mess With The Intergerity Of My Engin?

Last edited:

blackice

Resident F*#@head
Established Member
or go with nitrous what ever floats ur boat but the heads would really make that motor run well

BLK04SVT04

Established Member
DYNO DYNO DYNO I'm so sick of people using the dyno numbers as a crutch .The dyno should be used for tuning the car, not max hp.Every dyno is different and you can see a big difference in power for one dyno to the next.Just remember max power on a dyno is NOT the best power....

mav_tu

Established Member
caseypayne69 said:
I think if he had every bolt on imaginable he'd be sitting around 350 to 400 rwhp. :read:
You're probably pretty close. See my sig. for mods, I'm close to 300 rwhp. The only things I can do now are internal...

mav_tu

Established Member
caseypayne69 said:
Mav, I see you have dragon parts. Go www.modulardepot.com they have an article on dragon plenum vs 2 others and the accu won by 1 hp or so :p. You could by the Steeda intake spacer for 1 or 2 more hp too. :p
Ordered the spacer two days ago, should be here early next week... I also ordered Steeda decals. They add about 600 rwhp... :rolling:

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
these dyno numbers seem low
im not a dragger so i dont know too much and im more interested in 4Vs
but i think it shudnt be that hard to make 300 wheel n/a on the stock heads
i thought with like LTs, x pipe, catback, cold air, plenum and tb, and VT stage 2s u shud make 300 wheel without a problem
maybe some underdrives if it is a problem
and i also thought gears as aggressive as 410s wud make u lose around 5-6hp on a dyno

just my thoughts i cud be wrong tho

Users who are viewing this thread