want a cat back any suggestions

FINICKY

Established Member
seems like no one uses flows any more so whats the hot ticket now and what will fit the 03 cobra......whats so great about this fr 500 exhaust i keep reading about.

B

blown03cobra

fr500 is pretty cool cause under normal condisions there is a little "thing" in there that closes and routes the exhaust through baffles and stuff to keep it quiet but under open load it opens and lets it flow straight through..... if you just do catback you dont need any other mods but if your gona do x or h pipes then you do need some modifications that are usually built in if you buy a package,,, for instance JDM customises it for you striaght from the factory so all you gota do is bolt that puppy on and go.

FINICKY

Established Member
why must you do mods to it . is it because they dont have exhaust to fit this car yet??? are there any other cat backs worth looking at

B

blown03cobra

it will fit but some of the connnections are off so you need some extra pipe to fit in areas from what i hear..... give JDM a holler, thats where im gettin all my stuff.... theyve had a 03 for over 3 months now so i figure they know a little about it:beer:

92LX5.0

Established Member
Im confused about the x pipe, being that i have a stock exhaust
on my lx. Does the x pipe connect after the cats? If i get an x pipe, do i need to change cats?.......... thanx guys :p

Yellow Horse

Established Member
The stock h-pipe goes from the exhaust manifolds to the catback. The catback is the mufflers and tailpipes. The stock h-pipe have four cats. An aftermarket catted x-pipe or h-pipe will have two hi-flo cats, one on each side. Or you can get an off-road pipe that doesn't have any cats. If you run one of these, you will get a MIL (Check Engine) light and you will have to get a set of MIL Eliminators that plug into your rear O2 sensors that will eliminate the MIL light. Or you can have your computer programmed to turn off the light. The light needs to be turned off so any other problems will trip a new MIL.

HOPETO

Established Member
My 03 hasn't arrived yet, but I've ordered a Dynomax Ultra flo cat-back kit #19314 - 3" mandrel pipes,ultra-flo welded mufflers and 3" stainless tips. Everyone said it will fit. Hope it does!! Later, Jimmy

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by HOPETO
My 03 hasn't arrived yet, but I've ordered a Dynomax Ultra flo cat-back kit #19314 - 3" mandrel pipes,ultra-flo welded mufflers and 3" stainless tips. Everyone said it will fit. Hope it does!! Later, Jimmy
How much was it? (If I may ask)

HOPETO

Established Member
Looked around on a few online stores - found it for $366.99, $7.99 handling, $5 oversize charge, no shipping, total $379.98 - at Jegs.com The ones I've heard were not to loud and no drone. Everyones got different opinions on that noise level thing!!

Users who are viewing this thread