Watch out for this RED GT in Winter Park - Cop!!

SHOLANDO

Established Member
Winter Park recently 'won' a red Mustang GT Traffic unit car.

WashingtonFloridaJune2007057.jpg

WashingtonFloridaJune2007056.jpg

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:36 AM
Subject: WPPD AWARDED MUSTANG FOR SAFE DRIVING

WINTER PARK POLICE DEPARTMENT
IS AWARDED $42,000 STEALTH MUSTANG
FOR THEIR SAFE-DRIVING ENFORCEMENT INITIATIVES

For Immediate Release: August 13, 2007

WINTER PARK - a nationally recognized Silver Circle Award and National Merit Award winner

In recognition of their successful traffic safety programs, the Winter Park Police Department (WPPD) became the owner a brand new $30,000 red Mustang coupe at the annual Law Enforcement Challenge (LEC) held at the Omni Rosen Hotel on August 9. The Mustang is fully equipped with $12,000 of traffic-monitoring technology. For the first time, WPPD is adding unmarked vehicles to their fleet and will use the Mustang as an unmarked car to assist in their efforts to combat aggressive driving in Winter Park.

According to Winter Park Deputy Police Chief Bill McEachnie, “This vehicle will certainly facilitate our ability to identify and apprehend aggressive drivers. We will use any opportunity to make sure our roads are as safe as possible for vehicular and pedestrian traffic.”

The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and the Institute of Police Technology and Management (IPTM) host the annual LEC as a means to evaluate which traffic safety initiatives are most effective. The LEC program recognizes agencies for their commitment to making the community safer by conducting traffic enforcement, education and awareness, and public information campaigns.

In order to participate, Florida law enforcement agencies must complete a lengthy application detailing the efforts they have made in the previous year to help reduce the number of traffic accidents, red-light violations and other traffic safety related issues. The entries are judged by out-of-state officials who select first, second and third place winners among agencies of similar size. The WPPD has placed in the top two positions of their category for the past seven years. They obtained 10,000 points for traffic safety efforts, placing them in the top two positions again this year.

Along with WPPD, twelve additional top-performing agencies were given an opportunity to participate in a lucky key drawing for the new stealth Mustang After choosing the lucky key, WPPD Sergeant John Bologna placed the key in the ignition and the car started. The flashing lights came on and a roar of celebration from the WPPD could be heard throughout the building.

For more information regarding the City of Winter Park Police Department and the annual Law Enforcement Challenge, please contact Sergeant Pam Marcum at 321-303-5898, or visit the department’s official Web site at www.wppd.org.

SHOLANDO

Established Member
The cop in the 2nd picture is actually a really nice guy. He told me to drive around to the front of the Car and take a picture from that angle. As a matter of fact, ALL of the Winter Park cops seem to be decent guys/gals. They say the Chief instills this in them.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
SHOLANDO said:
The cop in the 2nd picture is actually a really nice guy. He told me to drive around to the front of the Car and take a picture from that angle. As a matter of fact, ALL of the Winter Park cops seem to be decent guys/gals. They say the Chief instills this in them.

Funny. They were all dicks when I was in High School.

That's badass though. Copied and pasted on a local forum.

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
WOW, red is definitely an undercover car, makes me nervous. Ill admit that once in blue moon, when im running late, ill pick it up a bit and only look for crown interceptors tauruses, intrepids, and chargers... but then again,ive caught undercover comaros here in CT, they drive way too much like a cop for u not to notice, plus i work right across the street from the main state police home base! Id take pictures of these comaro cop cars, but they'd probably eat me alive over there!

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
DravenGSX said:
I saw that car with some poor schmuck pulled over off of Aloma (the curvey section by Rollins) a week or two ago.

Good stuff.

Brewers curves are an evil trap for the WPPD to use and fun to fly down at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread