Waxing

sixt5

Established Member
do you pefer to do it by hand or to use a machine? i like doing it by hand cause i can feel what im doing better instead of just goin at it.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Depends on what I'm using. Clearkote's CMW spreads nice and easy via PC and a finishing pad. But it is also a liquid wax so it can be poured unlike paste waxes. Paste wax I do by hand. Poorboy's EX (sealant, but does have carnuaba) I always apply with a PC. Klasse sealant I apply by hand. Most all other sealants I apply by PC. I actually feel I can get a more even spread with a PC vs. my hand. That's just me though :shrug:

trance_in_miami

Established Member
Porter Cable becasue the $ 110 dollars investment better save me energy. Also the wax liquids last me a very long time, because of even coats and better ratio of liquid spreading. But Paste wax must be applied by hand. Pc for Optimum results :coolman:

spree

Established Member
Usually, if it's liquid, i'll do it with a PC...if it's a paste wax, i'll do it by hand.

Evenflow

Established Member
I dont understand how people can get swirl marks out without using a PC

Ive tried everything by hand and none of it seems to get the marks out.

Jpjr

Established Member
i use the PC to apply and remove the first coat of sealant. i always apply the final coat of wax by hand.

Scott P

Established Member
I use a machine for the cleaning and polishing steps. I apply my final coat of wax or sealant by hand most of the time. If I am pressed for time, I may bust out the machine, but usually I'll go with hand application.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Evenflow said:
How do you guys that do it by hand actually get the annoying swirl marks out?

We're talking about waxing, not removing swirls. Swirls need to be removed with a PC or rotary buffer. I know it can be done by hand, but why try when you can get better results in much less time without making your arm sore?

Users who are viewing this thread