Weight of Options

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
Sorry if I missed this in a consolidated thread already, but I wanted to try to get the facts on weight implications of the various options. I love the creature comforts but just wondering what we are giving up to get them (besides CASH)...

Appreciate any input on getting correct weights:

Option --- Net Weight Difference
SVT Perf Pkg --- plus??
Track Pkg --- plus 35 Lbs
Glass Roof --- plus 23 Lbs
Electronics Pkg --- plus ?? Lbs
Shaker Pro --- plus 30 Lbs?
Recaros --- Could these be a slight weight reduction?
Convertible --- plus 300 lbs??

The only other options are Red Candy Paint, stripe delete (negligible difference) and Car Cover, which obviously wouldn't apply to this.

Last edited:

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
That's what I was thinking too...but hoping someone in the know can give us a fairly precise weight delta (on all of these). The best thing to do would be to get a loaded car and a base car on the same scales to compare, but that may be challenging...

OrigTXCobra

Mustang Nut!
Established Member
So I am guessing that the options must come in somewhere between 120 and 140 lbs? If base weight was 3820 and gas weighs about 6 lbs per gallon so 40-50 lbs of gas. Sound right?

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
What about the weight of the wheels? Any difference?

What are the weight of the wheels?

I was on the phone with the 800# for SVT last week and those guys didn't even have the weight of the wheels available. Since they are forged I'm guessing that they are reasonably light weight. I was thinking of ordering different wheels for the car but there seem to be very few forged options out there and going with a cast wheel would be a down-grade in quality.

Users who are viewing this thread