Weird Noise

J15BIG

Established Member
A few days ago I had 40 series flows put on my 2001L. I know flows arent the best but its only temporary. Anyway, since then ive been hearing a weird noise everytime i make a turn. At first i thought it was the new mufflers hitting the bottom of the cab cuz thats what it sounded and felt like. So i took it back to the shop where i had them installed and they said they could not find anything wrong. So once i got home i jacked up the truck and wanted to look for my self. I tried to wiggle the pipes and the mufflers and they moved but not enough to hit anything. So that wasnt it. Then I had my friend come over and take a drive and at first he thought it was wheelhop but then he said it wasnt. After we got home we jacked it up and he looked at and he couldnt find anything wrong with it either. Now not only does it do it when I turn but it also does it when I step on the gas, but after about 2k RPM's it stops. It almost sounds like gears grinding in a manual trasmission and it feels like something is raddleing a lot.
Anu ideas on what it could be and what I can do about it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Last edited:

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Joe
It never made the noise before you put the flows on the truck?

If that is the case maybee you are getting a wierd exhuast harmonic imballance causing the noise.

I know on mine I was getting a vibration at 90 mph, when I replaced the stock muffler with a Magnaflow muffler the vibration went away.

Also I can not see your attached photos

I don't know if that helped at all, kinda has me stumped too.

Good luck
Don

J15BIG

Established Member
thanks for the info

Im bringing the truck into the dealer on saturday morning to see what they can do. Now that I have been driving on it for a few days I am starting to think that the transmission is moving around. Maybe I broke a transmission mount or something. I dont know. Anyway, If decide to upgrade my transmission, should I just buy the Level 10 torque converter and hydrosystem shift kit fro PSP or should I buy the whoel new performance transmission from www.levelten.com?

thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread