Well, I Am Getting SHORT!

Marc

Established Member
Realization set in today. I will be leaving Japan real soon. Of the past 10 years, 8 years have been spent at Kadena (1 1/2 year break in Hawaii).

The packers are here packing me out as I type this. We leave 25 June. I will be stationed at Hill AFB, UT. I will be the Chief Enlisted Manager of the 2nd Combat Camera Squadron. Good job, but future deployments will be the norm until I get out in 3 years.

I also will be starting the build of my cobra. It has been in storage for the past 4 1/2 years. I have near $12K in parts sitting in my Father's garage ready to be installed (to include a 2.9 Whipple).

This will be my LAST PCS. I have 27 years in and 3 more to go to retirement.

SVT4ME

Established Member
Wow, it is a change to go from active to civilian. Just seems like yesterday when I got out after twenty. And that was 7 years ago. Tough to break some of those habits that really don't matter once you get out. Like carrying a bag in your left hand so you can pop a salute.

Marc

Established Member
post pics of the cobra in and out of storage, im combat camera as well, just at fort meade... deploying soon myself...

Here are the before pictures. This is my build thread. You can check out all the parts waiting in the garage waiting for installation--probably over $12K in parts alone.

[ame=http://www.unitedstangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36275]Project AGENT ORANGE--My 2004 Cobra Build Thread - UnitedStangs.com "The United Mustang Community"[/ame]

OU812

Established Member
I can't wait to leave Japan, Yokota has been my least favorite assignment so far! I just volunteered for another 6 month deployment just to get out of here, I'll get back and start out processing to PCS! Needless to say I'm counting the days!

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats and good luck with the new assignment. I PCS back to the states from Oki a week after you.

Rochard

Established Member
Congrats on the thirty years.

I honestly don't know how you guys do it... Be in the military for thirty years, living in places like Japan and Hawaii.... Gonna suck when you get out. The real world is dull!

Users who are viewing this thread