went to the track

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
went up to the track today and ran the truck for the first time. my best run was a 15.372 at 88.93. all i have done to my truck is a cold air that i fabbed up myself, shorty headers, flowmaster exhaust and advance timing to 14*. i thought it was pretty good for my first time up. i was slower than pretty much everyone there but i still had a good time. i plan on trying to get into the 14's before the summer ends. anyway, it was awsome :pepper: :pepper: :banana:

other times:
16.405 @ 82.20mph :xpl:
15.774 @ 87.91mph
15.519 @ 88.74mph
15.447 @ 88.10mph ( i had my best 60' on this run, 2.300 )

Matt95L

Established Member
I'd suggest removing the front sway bar(While at the track) and doing the snubber trick cause those 60' times could use some work.My trucks first time at the track it also got a best of 15.37 at 88mph good stuff.

TheBooger

umm what?
Established Member
matt, what is the snubber trick and what do i need to complete it. ive seen pictures but dont really know what im supposed to do. also, will lowering the truck affect it in any way because i will be doing a Eibach/Beltech 1/2 drop within the next couple weeks. thanks for the reply.

Dave

Matt95L

Established Member
I hear it cuts down on wheel hop allot(never tryed it myself)
On your stock slapper bar,if you look under your truck at the rear tires where the leaf springs are at you will see it has a rubber piece on it with a bolt holding it on.Loosen up the bolt and take it out.Install washers so that the rubber piece is just touching the bottom of the next leaf spring.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread