(Western) Florida

Blades

Established Member
Recently, I got an apartment with an attached garage. So the Cobra is coming to Fort Myers Florida.. My general idea of Florida before Fort Myers was Boca and Fort Lauderdale.. Obviously its a bit different so I have some concerns and questions....

1. What is with the roads here? It seems as if there is no black pavement.. It is always covered in dirt, pot holes, rocks, and so on.. Is it like that everywhere in Florida.. Does it get better?

An example being 41 leading to Bonita Springs.. The road randomly has pot holes and bumps the size of parking lot speed bumps. Not safe at all.. I also NEVER have seen anyone working on it.

2. Obviously they are trying to expand the roads among other things. How long has this been going on?

3. The people drive like ****in maniacs. This is coming from a 20 year old.. I find that there is always some asshole with a jacked up truck 2 inches away from my car (not the Cobra). Am I the only one that notices this?

4. In Fort Lauderdale there were places to cruise and look at all the sweet cars.. Like the Tower Shops. I find nothing like this..

Basically I am worried about the people and the road conditions ****ing up my car. It doesn't seem like I can drive anywhere and not have to worry about something smashing into me or driving thru a secton of road that is complete dirt. Also concerned bout where all you Cobra guys hang out at.

I have been planning and saving for a while for all this. However, I don't want to have to drive to Fort Lauderdale anytime I want to have a good time with my car.. So Fort Myers-Naples guys.... Where ya hiding?

GoatDaddy

Originally posted by bbp42d
welcome to florida:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

exactly. Actually, it seems to me that the further north you get, the nicer people are and the better they drive.

we do have nice roads down here, but unfortunately the idiot drivers make it almost impossible to enjoy them.

Blades

Established Member
I'd seriously pay $5 toll for a I-75 type deal from East to West.. with no trucks and nice ass roads. But that'll never happen.. :D

Anyways.. yeah.. hope I can meet some of my local Cobra buddies.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by Blades
I'd seriously pay $5 toll for a I-75 type deal from East to West.. with no trucks and nice ass roads. But that'll never happen.. :D

Anyways.. yeah.. hope I can meet some of my local Cobra buddies.
are you here yet?

KillrCobra

Established Member
It depends on the area....live in a crappy area and you get crappy roads. Atleast that's how it is around Tampa.

As far as the drivers go, usually it's only the dumbass teenage girls you have to worry about. Stupid bitches are constantly glued to your ass.

Blades

Established Member
Fort Myers. Without a doubt.. The quality of life is pretty shitty - roads always under construction, a shitload of mosquitos, and so on.. I-75 is two lanes and is usually filled up with huge dump trucks that spew pebbles all over the front end of your car.. Not to mention.. they drive like assholes.

Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, Miami.. and so on.. Hell no.

Whatever tho.. We'll see when it gets down here in Dec-Jan.

Users who are viewing this thread