What are some performance shops in GA?

BLWN Cobra

Established Member
What are the best performance shops in georgia, I need to know so I can find a good forged kit for my 1997 kenne bell cobra?

cammin 4.6

Established Member
Originally posted by BLWN Cobra
What are the best performance shops in georgia, I need to know so I can find a good forged kit for my 1997 kenne bell cobra?

Where are you located I will tell you what is close and good.

Ashley

twomustangs

Established Member
I deal with Peters Performance in Albany, Ga. He has a world full of knowledge and he will not steer you wrong. Pete @ 229-878-1222 or 1-866-313-1222

jimh

Established Member
T&J has a great reputation. I just bought my copy of EFI-Solutions end user reflasher from them. I'm buying my tune from Tim as well.

jim

ctowery01

Established Member
Originally posted by BLWN Cobra

Without a doubt..............go to T&J Performance :thumbsup:

Tates01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by 90Mustang
I live in Gainesville, Ga and i have a 86 gt...anyone know where i could take it to get it tuned??thanks!

Pretty much the same places as above. I've went to MV to get most of my stuff done and can say they are awesome. I have heard that T&J have some great tuning skills. Just depends on who you ask.

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
Another vote for MV Performance. They have done all the work on my car over the past two years, including building my engine. They do everything from chassis fabrication, transmissions, engine building, forced induction, nitrous applications, etc. They have a dyno on site, and a HUGE shop big enough to lock every car they are working on up every night. Tim Matherly is the engine builder and dyno tuner, as well as one of the owners. He really knows his stuff and can do things with a tune that many others don't know is possible.

Give him a call. The link to their website is below in my sig, and it has their phone number. Ask for either Tim Matherly or Shane (shop manager).

Also, since you are in Gainesville MV is probably as easy or easier to get to than any other of the performance shops around here. They are in Statham, just off 316 about 10 miles west of Athens.

Last edited:

Tates01GT

Established Member
Yeah it's really easy to get to from Gainesville. That is the way I go and it's only about 30 min.

Bullitt_#1346: Nice car. Checked it out when I was getting my T56 put in.

Bullitt_#1346

Established Member
Originally posted by Tates01GT
Yeah it's really easy to get to from Gainesville. That is the way I go and it's only about 30 min.

Bullitt_#1346: Nice car. Checked it out when I was getting my T56 put in.

Thanks. They have had my car more than I have had it over the past six months. They did some work to it over the winter, and there were a few things I wanted them to correct for me. They have been so busy that it sometimes takes them three weeks to get around to fixing little things. They know I don't drive my car every day, so I don't mind if they get to when they can. Back when it was my only mode of transportation they were really good about getting it back to me as quickly as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread