What are YOUR goals?

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Since we finally have a decent amount of people here in the gen 1 forum, I was just curious, what is everyone's goals for their L. Personally, I'm aiming for a street legal (daily-driven if need be) low 13 sec truck (here in Hawaii it's far from easy). I want to be able to show people down here that our trucks can run with the gen 2's. As far as future mods, basically flex-a-lite 295's, eaton rear, 5.0 roller cam conversion, (already have the actual cam, but nothing else) djm/belltech 3/4 drop, traction bars, afr 185's, FTVB (maybe a convertor also) twEEcer, and last but not least, Vortech S-trim. These mods will hopefully all be attained and put on before 2007. :eek: I honestly don't know if all of this will get me where I want to be, but hopefully it'll do the job. :rockon:

Matt95L

Established Member
1.I'd like to see a 13.499 or better
2.Get rid of the shimmy it has between 55 and 65mph
3.Delete my front fuel tank and install a 255lph intank pump in the rear tank
4.Get a driveshaft loop
5.Eaton rear and get a diff cover
6.Rollpan/paint job
7.3200-3600 stall 10 inch converter

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Matt, I know this is a stupid question, but I see a lot of guys doing the driveshaft loop, just wondering for what reason? Also, I don't know if you know this or not, but we just had an Alaska vs. Hawaii at our track this weekend.

Matt95L

Established Member
Drive shaft loop is a safety precaution it stops the driveshaft from flying out of there and hitting someone/something or causing damage under the bed if it breaks.

I did hear that the shootout was coming up,but noone's reported how they did yet on our local forum.

Last edited:

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Right now they are nothing but dreams, but Id like a 13 sec truck, maybe even 12(if thats posible keeping it drivable).

Vortech Supercharger
Right now im trying to get new mufflers but eventually a full bassani or pickeral exuast system
Cam
Nitrous
Before the supercharger I need to advance the timing
traction bars
eaton rear

Heck pretty much the same as Soul Rebel.

Last edited:

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Yup, I'm pretty much doing the tried and true method, since this is my first "hotrod" and I really don't want to run into unexpected problems (although we all know that can happen with anything). But I've really been thinking about doing something different as far as the blower goes. Seems like everyone is running the S-trim nowdays, not that there's anything wrong with that, just that I'm the type who likes to be a little different. :-D Matt, do you know if the driveshaft loop will work with trucks that are lowered? I'm thinking the 1/2" drop will be okay, but I'm not too sure about a 3/4" (which is actually what I'm thinking of doing later). I just did a good bit of searching over on the nloc and it makes a lot of sense to do this mod. Thanks-Josh

Last edited:

Whitning95

Back In the Saddle
Established Member
Not stock :lol1:
seriously,
Fastest Nitrous truck at full weight. Id post mods to come but chitown has a way of finding your mods ANYWHERE
lets just say 11's or 10's either way is fine w/me.

tk2

Established Member
My goals:
I'll be happy just as long as I'm faster than Josh (Soul Rebel) :-D j/k

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
tk2 said:
My goals:
I'll be happy just as long as I'm faster than Josh (Soul Rebel) :-D j/k
Is that so... :burn: :fm: :mj: Nah just playing, like I say, we gotta represent for the gen 1's. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread