What could be wrong with my F-250

boosted306

Established Member
Yesterday my F-250 kicked the bucket. It will idle rough but once you step on the gas it will do absolutely nothing. The thing does not read any codes so I am at a loss. I am assuming that an injector pump?

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
logically it could be the pump I suppose, if it were dieing and only putting out enough fuel to keep it barely idling. Could also be something in the air intake side of the house?

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Do you have any way of verifying that the accell pedal is functioning? What is the voltage? Our diagnostics at work for the DT365 only gives me % of throttle, good for finding bad spots in it.

On the older t-444e's i have been having a rash of ICP sensors go out lately. I cant remember clearly, are the 365's equipped with a ICP sensor on the left head like a 444E

wicked90lx

Established Member
Fuel pressure!!! needs to be atleast 55psi at all time.... HFCM may be shit canned. lining in fuel may have come apart... start by checking fuel pressure and u may possible still be under warrenty

04SVT-L

Established Member
05 and 06 were the ones with the high pressure fuel pump probs. but not saying thats not it. is it hard to start and wont fire? blow white smoke? surging prob? stalls? not the ficm. its the icp sensor. alot of ppl make the mistake of thinkin its the ficm bc all the symptons lead to that when really its not that. 03 and early model 04s were located behind the turbo and rite next to the high pressure fuel pump. if you look from underneath and see oil all over by the sensor, then you need to also buy the pigtail connector wen you buy the sensor bc it becomes contaminated by oil. if its and older 04 then its right on the passenger side valve cover next to ur alternator and just push the intercooler line out of the way to see it

Users who are viewing this thread