What do the 89-93 stock foxbodys run in the 1/4???

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Does anyone know what the stock 89-93 5.0 and gt foxbodys run in the quarter-mile? I am thinking about getting one but I want to know how fast they are first.

Thanks

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
If you can,avoid the 93's...That was the first year of hypereutectic pistons.85 to 92's have forged.You just wanting 89 due to the mass air set up?(89 was first year in Cali.Was introduced statewide in 90)...Good luck and post some pics when you find you a good one....

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Originally posted by 28
If you can,avoid the 93's...That was the first year of hypereutectic pistons.85 to 92's have forged.You just wanting 89 due to the mass air set up?(89 was first year in Cali.Was introduced statewide in 90)...Good luck and post some pics when you find you a good one....

You need to do a little more research.

First of all, late 92's came with hypereutectic pistons as well. And the mass air showed up first in cali. in 88', then nationwide in 89'.

Here's my opinion, get an 89'. It has mass air, 140mph speedo, no airbag so you can ditch the ugly steering wheel. Also as forementioned, forged pistons. Even though hyper pistons will last as long as the stock block will.

87-89's tend to run a little better then the 90 models. Don't ask me why but they do.

The only advantage a 90+ model has is the bigger fenderwells if you want to lower your car and put bigger wheels on it. But you can fix that with a baseball bat on the 87-89's.

As for what do they run??? They're advertised at 14.6 in the 1/4 bone stock. So 14's or low 15's can be expected after age and wear and tear.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

I am really leaning toward the 89 5.0 Gt models right now. I just have to find one in my price range. I can't spend over 2 grand on one, so I might have to get one that isn't in perfect condition.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by poopnut2
You need to do a little more research.

First of all, late 92's came with hypereutectic pistons as well. And the mass air showed up first in cali. in 88', then nationwide in 89'.

Here's my opinion, get an 89'. It has mass air, 140mph speedo, no airbag so you can ditch the ugly steering wheel. Also as forementioned, forged pistons. Even though hyper pistons will last as long as the stock block will.

87-89's tend to run a little better then the 90 models. Don't ask me why but they do.

The only advantage a 90+ model has is the bigger fenderwells if you want to lower your car and put bigger wheels on it. But you can fix that with a baseball bat on the 87-89's.

As for what do they run??? They're advertised at 14.6 in the 1/4 bone stock. So 14's or low 15's can be expected after age and wear and tear.

My bad on the mass air year(I always get what year they were intro. in Cali. confused..),but this is the first I hear of Hypereutectics in any of the 92's....Learn something everyday.:)

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Originally posted by RSXFMCJWR
Thanks guys.:thumbsup:

I am really leaning toward the 89 5.0 Gt models right now. I just have to find one in my price range. I can't spend over 2 grand on one, so I might have to get one that isn't in perfect condition.
How far do you want to go to get one?

Users who are viewing this thread