What do ya think 'bout my slow L!

Justin Blackwell

Established Member
I ran my fastest e.t. last night in Shreveport, LA. Went a 13.01 @ 104.3 w/ 1.87 60 ft. in 62 degree weather. Considering all of the mods that I have listed below, I believe I qualify for the slowest L award. Everything that I have added helped my truck run even faster, its just that this thing was slow from day one. I have heard other L owners with the same mods and weather run 12.60's. I think it is time for a new '01 engine. I am going to add a few more mods also. Maybe that will solve my problem.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Justin

I wish I could tell you why your not into the 12's but I am stumped. Are there other Lightnings running the same track, and what are they running for E?T's ?

You have a chip filter, 90 mm mas air, Lower pulley, line mod, torque converter, and ET Streets and are still in the 11's ya something must be wrong.

I would hook up with Jim from JDM since he is in Texas this week, through next weekend. I know he can figure out whats wrong with your truck.

Check out this thread over at NLOC, these guys should be able to track Jim down for you
http://nloc.org/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000326.html

Jim is a great guy, I am sure he will help you out even though you are running all the JL stuff on your truck. Take advantage of his knowledge while he is in Texas, trust me he knows his stuff.

Hope this helps you out.

Don's Bolt

Blown Stang
Established Member
Originally posted by ~ever~
Hey Don you are running 12s with Chip,Filter and the pulley?

Yes and I hope I will be in the 12.6 12.7 tomorow when I run at the Truck Nationals at New England Dragway.

I ran the 12.82 on my older single program street chip. Burned way back in April.

Here is my full lists of mods

2 JDM chips one is a single program street chip, and the other is a flip chip that was being reburned when I made my 12.82.

JDM filter

JDM lower pulley

JDM Electric fan still running the stock water pump

JDM line mod valve

Crankcase breather

NGK tr6 spark plugs

Magnaflow muffler

On that run I had a set of Caltracs, which have just been replaced with a set of JDM traction bars. The Caltracs never helped my 60 foot times. It may have been the fact that I never really cranked them up. I had them on to protect my driveshaft from binding up and snapping.

I ran full trim, with the trailer hitch, spare tire, tailgate, seats, and everything still on the truck. I was running the stock Goodyear tires with 25 psi.

I don't think I have ever listed my full mods before, so there they are. Besides that it is totally stock, HEHE

Hope that clears a few things up.

Lightning Tim

Established Member
When I first got my Lightning it was running 8.80s @ 81 mph stock except for a muffler. I put a chip in it and it didn't do it any good. Put a filter, chip, line valve mod, Borla exhaust and some spark plugs and it did a 13.70 @ 100 mph in hot weather. A few weeks later the tranny went out. I am thinking thats what was wrong with mine.

01BLKBOLT

Established Member
Justin-congrats on the new times!! You going to FFW next weekend? We're gonna have about 5 L's going up there together,should be a good time for all. Im gonna have JDM install the lower pulley and reburn my chip with the race program. With my other mods already installed, Im hoping for mid 12's!!:D

needa"L"

Established Member
HEY WHAT IS THIS FFW????? I went to Denton Texas this weekend and came home with a new 2001 Black L, funny how that stuff works out.

01BLKBOLT

Established Member
needa L- Its fun ford weekend Oct. 6th & 7th held at Ennis raceway! JDM will be there, so if ya want a chip or pulley, then's the time to do it! You outa come on out,its gonna be a blast!
Congrats on the new L!! Atleast you got the fastest color!:D
There are five L's from the Tyler area heading up there in a convoy saturday morning! Should be a whole lot more show up!

Users who are viewing this thread