What Does OASIS stand for?

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
I stopped by my local SVT dealer to have them look into the 80 mph vibration. The service writer said he would run a OASIS to see if my car is one of the affected units. I have a slight blurr in the rear view mirror from 75 mph and higher. Of course, he first says that because of all the state troopers on the highways around the dealership, their mechanics can't go above 60 mph. I told him when the time comes for a test ride, I can drive the mechanic at the 80-100 mph speed so he can see it for himself. They agreed to that. Even though he said he would call me when he found out anything, I know I will have to keep contacting him.
And I will. But before any test rides start, I would like to know that the new d/s is the cure. I called SVT today and spoke with Mark and he said that they are aware of the vibration problem and that the dealers only have to make a phone call to find out the testing process.

i8u

Established Member
Have them hook up an E.V.A (electronic vibration anylisis) machine. Very cool for locating vibrations. Basically a headphone with different attachments that can be put on different places on the car. Then the tech moves a switch that switches from sensor to sensor. Hope this helps.:beer:

Legaly it is illegal to drive with headphones on. But if he is going to ride in the car with you driving it isn't a problem.

Last edited:

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
Have them hook up an E.V.A (electronic vibration anylisis) machine. Very cool for locating vibrations. Basically a headphone with different attachments that can be put on different places on the car. Then the tech moves a switch that switches from sensor to sensor. Hope this helps.:beer:

Legaly it is illegal to drive with headphones on. But if he is going to ride in the car with you driving it isn't a problem.

I asked if they have an EVA, and all I got from the service writer was a blank face. Not very encouraging. I might look into taking my car to Lombard Ford in Winsted, CT since a couple of people on here said they are a good dealer. I just hope if I have to leave it they have loaner cars since I live about 60 miles from there.

i8u

Established Member
Originally posted by 03 Red Cobra

I asked if they have an EVA, and all I got from the service writer was a blank face. Not very encouraging. I might look into taking my car to Lombard Ford in Winsted, CT since a couple of people on here said they are a good dealer. I just hope if I have to leave it they have loaner cars since I live about 60 miles from there.

1. Maybe they don't have one
2. Maybe he didn't know about it or what is was
3. Maybe he was suprised you knew what one was

I don't know. Let us know what you find out. Good luck.:beer:

mosconiac

Established Member
An interesting note is that many Library systems use the same OASIS to log their books that Ford uses. OASIS has become a generic term in databasing just as XEROX has for copying.

gud2goe

Established Member
have the dealer call ford svt for the info because as of yesterday there has not been a tsb released on this issue yet. however svt(ford) is using a different shaft and it is the only part number that shows up in the parts data base.(so they say) i have the same problem but after following this site and others i decided to go and have my dealer get me the right stuff....

good luck

peace

bruce

Last edited:

david smilovic

Established Member
My dealer is being of no help what so ever and they have had the car 15 days replacing 1 head.What a wonderful oppurtunity it would have been to service the DS.
OH well I'll be happy when my head makes it back on and in 6-8 weeks I finished my 5.2aluminum modular motor and in 6-8 weeks we may have 2 days to dunk it in the bay.Its detuned to 625/666 as of now with 13lbs boost.When I trust the mail order chip folks I will raise it to 103+ octane I always have a few hundred gallons of Sunnoco 109 so I'm covered.In its second state of tune I'm guessing 725 and 775 tqe rear wheels on 4:10's
In its 1st state of tune I'm told by my drivers with slicks 10.80 not bad for a brick and a motor that by far wont cost an arm and a leg and will have a 34/24 warranty.
I am endeavering to make the fastest street legal PLEASANT wait till you experiance the blower cams they are sooooo smoooooth
they feel STOCK but the power is unreal.Our engineer Mike is a GENIUS and he's not even paid enough I cant wait till consumer spending picks up on the internet/mail order part of the biz.AS far as the shop goes its another tech and another lift coming next month,I cant wait and the Merc.Marauder blower package is so reasonable and will come with a 36/36 warranty just like Ford I cant wait to sink my teeth into 1.Had an Impalla SS that did 11.80
and that was 1 fun sleeper Ford is reallyporing it on and Im thrilled to see my Fave doing great even though I catch alot of Poop for it after all were 60% GM.We do every thing from Subaru to Supras,civics and Rolls Royces,if you can push it in the shop you will drive home FAST.
WE do not carry any Ford Parts whatsoever you can call for advice but thats it,Dave S.

Users who are viewing this thread