Gears?

• 3:73's

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • 4:10's

Votes: 18 94.7%

• Total voters

351inside

Established Member
My cousin asked me something about what gears are better for his truck, he has a 94 gen 1 and asked which gears was better the 3:73 or the 4:10 I thought maybe I could tell him the best choice with your help, thanks.

Matt95L

Established Member
3:73s might give him a slight increase in gas mileage,but his truck would be slower.They came with 4:10s for a reason they're heavy and hard to get moving.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
if anything, i'd go down to 4:56, but with our gears and a huffer it's easy to go 12's.

351inside

Established Member
they might be heacy but with those gears its hard to win races on the freeway my brother got beat by a single cab chevy with 2 flowmasters on the freeaway bad i wasnt there but he told e got beat but when they did it from like around 20 o r30 he said he beat it
so he says maybe he wants 3.73s cause people have told him that those gears are both for the freeway and on the sreet.

351inside

Established Member
:shrug: not trying to get anybody mad my brother just told me thats what happened on the street and on the freeway with this chevy and he also said it was a 4.8 not a 5.3 so i really dont kno what happened so who really dont know :shrug: but then again he might be liyin cause the L is not his

Last edited:

cldsvt93

Established Member
damn

not trying to get anybody mad my brother just told me thats what happened on the street and on the freeway with this chevy and he also said it was a 4.8 not a 5.3 so i really dont kno what happened so who really dont know but then again he might be liyin cause the L is not his
Sounds like the truck may need a tune up cause ive never been beat by any chevy truck new or old when mine was stock, not being mean but that shouldnt happen just my opinion.

Matt95L

Established Member
Nope it shouldn't i agree that your brothers truck may need a tune up those 4.8 Chevys trap around 78-80mph(at best in the 1/4 and stock gen1s trap around 87-89mph.Your brothers truck should have smoked that guy.Then again maybe the the Chevy was moddified.

Last edited:

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
leta chevy pull up beside me in the 1/8, to be a heavy and big truck these lil Ls will move, i burned a single cab short bed hemi in the 1/8 and i was spininn and im stock.... it was one of those superbeas or what ever they are!

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
if anything, i'd go down to 4:56, but with our gears and a huffer it's easy to go 12's.

Mabye a bit off topic, but does any sell 4:56 gears for our truck, and a 4:56 is a "lower" gear ratio right? I want to be able to spin the tires by just flooring it, I assume by changing the gear ratio you could do that.

Last edited:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i'm sure someone makes a gear set for the 8.8. isn't that what the mustangs run?

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
just went over to summit racing's site and they have 'em for around $200.

Matt95L

Established Member
Look though MM&FF for the best price and have Summit price match usually you can find them between $139-$169.Mark at Lightningforce performance has 373s and 410s listed at $139 you might want to see if he could get you them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread