What is a stock '03 convertible gonna run?

WA 2 FST

Established Member
Hey guys,

Sure seems to be a huge disparity among times depending upon air quality. Moreso than if you compare a typicaly N/A motor'd car. This kind of goes against conventional wisdom since the blower motor is at an advantage at all elevations/air conditions...and doesn't lose as much efficiency as a N/A motor.

Maybe there's something in the engine management that pulls gobs of timing out if the air charge temps reach a certain level?

I see guys on the east coast (like the MMFF cars) running low-12s/114mph+ stock, and then I see guys in hotter climates squeaking out mid, low-13s at 107mph...at the same track a stock LS1 F-body is running 105+.

Anyway, how much slower is an '03 Cobra convertible going to be? Obviously, this will mostly be related to the added weight, I know. Just curious if anyone has run their '03 'vert at the track yet.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I'm in San Antonio, so of course it was very warm. :rolleyes:
I can't wait till the temps drop.
Only mod is a K&N in the stock box with the air silencer removed.

The time slip won't attach :(

60ft: 2.11
1/8 ET: 8.68
1/8 MPH: 87.19
1/4 ET: 13.32
1/4 MPH: 108.44

cobra racing

Established Member
They didn't ask about a roll cage????? (13.99 or quicker)
That was a draw back when I was deciding what to order, coupe or vert, well I ordered the coupe. No way am I gonna put a roll cage in a new car.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by cobra racing
They didn't ask about a roll cage????? (13.99 or quicker)
That was a draw back when I was deciding what to order, coupe or vert, well I ordered the coupe. No way am I gonna put a roll cage in a new car.

We have two tracks that are pretty close here. I went to the crappy one that doesn't enforce the rules. ;-)

I'm getting a custom 6 point installed in my 99 vert. If that turns out the way I want it to, then I'll have one installed in the Cobra. If it's ugly, then I guess I just won't race the 03. :cryying:

Users who are viewing this thread