What is the hood modification?

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Well first off I just got my 03 Cobra Saturday and all I can say is unbelievable!

I keeps seeing mention of this hood mod. I am really unclear as to what this mod is for. Could someone please fill me in and maybe some info on how to do it if I need it.

Thanks

Trmn8er

Established Member
03BlackCoupe,

WHat did you find out? Last night I removed the heat/sound insulator from inside the hood. I opened the flaps and tapped them back with black speed tape! Doesn't look too bad, really!!

My question? With the composite hood, is it a mistake to remove the insulator? When I saw the silver heat reflective material on the backside, I began to wonder.

I have also removed the weather strip at the back of the hood by the windshield. So maximim free movement of air should take place.

Any comments on the heat issue related to the composite hood would be welcomed!

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
i cut out around the scoop with a razor and cut off the plastic flap, so far nothing bad has happened. and also, these hoods are made to be able to sit out in the sun for hours. ever touched a black car on a hot day, in the sun? i dont think the engine heat would affect it much.

Users who are viewing this thread