What is the ideal vacuum line to T into for recirculating/bypass valves on an 02 GT with a Voretch v3?

droptop2v

Established Member
Recently got my V3si kit installed on my 02 GT, however I need to finish it by T-ing the bypass valves into the vacuum system. I've seen people mention using the FRPS however I've also seen people leaning out their engines from vacuum leaks on that, so I'm curious if there's another I should be using?

Additionally I'm not sure how I should route/connect these, I have 2 (pre blower/post aftercooler), I'm guessing those should T into each other and then that singular line would T into the intake manifold?

robvas

Established Member
I had mine connected to a free port on the back of the throttle body.

Have you setup a boost gauge yet? You might want to run a line to a vac manifold, mounted to the firewall and then connect all those things to that

Attached a probably not that helpful pic

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpeg
    IMG_0730.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 18

01yellercobra

Established Member
Why do you have two BOV's. How much boost are you running? Why not run them next to each other?

That being said I T'd mine into the line FRPS and never had an issue.

droptop2v

Established Member
I had mine connected to a free port on the back of the throttle body.

Have you setup a boost gauge yet? You might want to run a line to a vac manifold, mounted to the firewall and then connect all those things to that

Attached a probably not that helpful pic
I havent ran one yet but I'm really itching for it, that and a wideband are my next 'big' projects.

I thought about vac manifold but drilling into the firewall makes me cringe a tad. I know there's the one vacuum line on the back of the plenum but I've got a steel sleeve over it.
Why do you have two BOV's. How much boost are you running? Why not run them next to each other?
It's apart of the v3-si kit from vortech. I thought it was an extra but reading the instructions it seems evident I need to use both. Not what I expected, not even sure if it's ideal but it looks like what they're asking for.

Could you post a pic of how you have it connected? I've dug through so many videos and seldomly do you see anyone Ting into a hard line like the FRPS has. I've got a 2 bronze T's but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to stretch them out a bit assuming they don't crack. Theyre in good shape but theyre OEM

robvas

Established Member
Just cut the line, stick the T in it, and then connect the line going to the boost gauge to the T

Can you see the brass T in the black vacuum line in this picture? Then it has the small plastic vacuum line going 'down' and curving to the right?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 9.37.09 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 9.37.09 AM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 78

droptop2v

Established Member
Just cut the line, stick the T in it, and then connect the line going to the boost gauge to the T

Can you see the brass T in the black vacuum line in this picture? Then it has the small plastic vacuum line going 'down' and curving to the right?
Gotcha okay. In theory I could connect both to a single line and then that to the FRPS yeah? I posted a picture where both bypass valves are. My thought is connecting both to a single T, then that would connect to the FRPS. I have a second T I could use on the same FRPS line (lets add more points of failure!) and connect that to a boost gauge. Does that make sense? I'm trying to be a measure 12 times cut no more than once. The lines are in good shape but still old plastic. The brass T should fit without splitting them.

I'm assuming they're not hard to replace if they do split, but it's just another thing to do.

I thought about getting something like this and zip-tying (lol) it to my strut tower brace on the back firewall section, though that seems like another project when the plastic really does go out:

Attachments

• VacuumLines.png
    VacuumLines.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 21

trueblue03gt

Established Member

That being said I T'd mine into the line FRPS and never had an issue.
How did you get that secure? Mine always feels loose, I need to smoke check. Where on the line did u mount it?

01yellercobra

Established Member
I used zip ties to make sure it stayed in page. I just unplugged the vacuum line from the FRPS and plugged the tee in. One end used a short hose the FRPS and the other went to the BOV.

droptop2v

Established Member
Ahhh, okay. I cut one of my lines, and instantly regretted it.
Thank goodness this forum exists, ain't no freaking way I was gonna cut into my red OEM lines.

I need to look and see how I can pop the FRPS off and go that route.
I used zip ties to make sure it stayed in page. I just unplugged the vacuum line from the FRPS and plugged the tee in. One end used a short hose the FRPS and the other went to the BOV.
If you have pics Ill love you long time.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Thank goodness this forum exists, ain't no freaking way I was gonna cut into my red OEM lines.

I need to look and see how I can pop the FRPS off and go that route.

If you have pics Ill love you long time.
Lol. I appreciate the offer, but that car is long gone. And any pics I have just show the shiny blower.

Users who are viewing this thread