What is the proper way to take care of your PC pads?

primo

Established Member
I used my PC and pads/killer Combo kit from SMP this weekend (results were amazing, thanks Scott). Now, should I throw my pads in the washing mashine, hand wash them with soap, or what? Do you air dry them? Thanks

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
I asked the same question not too long ago.

1. Dont machine wash them, wash them by hand I only rinsed mine out in hot water and the polish/wax came out of them very easily. or you can let them soak in soapy water for about 30 minutes then rinse them out.

2. Place pad back on PC set to 5-6 lower PC into a bucket to catch the water that will be slung off and turn PC on, this works great to quickly dry out a pad (Thanks again, Scott) Then allow to air dry completely before returning the pad to its ziploc bag. hth 2881

trance_in_miami

Established Member
allow the pads to dry for atleast 24 hours. I usually let them dry for 3 days. Then put into zip bag. I once left them out to dry for 6 hours and into the bag. and then a week latter the bag was foggy and the pads were still wet.

trance_in_miami

Established Member
I just use a certain pad for a certain polish. But do purchase atleast three pads. a cutting pad, polishing pad, finishing pad.

autopia has a good set.

Users who are viewing this thread