What is this truck worth?

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
A friend of mine is looking at buying a 97 F350 with the 7.3 diesel in it. Its an auto, super cab, 8ft bed, 4wd with 99K miles on it and loaded with just about every option.

Dealership wants $17K (which I know is a crazy price), but what is this truck worth? Its real clean and the interior looks new.

I'd guess somewhere near $10-11K, but I dont know much about the diesel market and their pricing.

:beer:

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Wow, that dealership thinks they have a goldmine sitting on their lot huh...?

I would say no more than 10k. Hell, if you look around you can find 99+ 7.3's for 17k or less (at least in my area).

MY-VETTE

Sports Car Junkie!
Established Member
Wow, that dealership thinks they have a goldmine sitting on their lot huh...?

I would say no more than 10k. Hell, if you look around you can find 99+ 7.3's for 17k or less (at least in my area).

WOW! That dealer is smoking on that price, tops that thing is worth is $10k! Look around & you can find newer ones for the same price as that 97.

MY-VETTE

Sports Car Junkie!
Established Member
Just found this ad on Binghamton NY Craigslist: 02 f350 4X4 4dr dually 121000miles runs great only reason im thinking of getting rid of it is i dont really need a dually would consider trade for a f250 or a dodge must be diesal and 4x4 and at least a supercab dont care if i sell it or not just thought i would see whats out there thanks $14,000 607-857-1623

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Well guys, kinda got good news. The dealership agreed that the price was too high and agreed to wholesale it to my other friend who owns a dealership, who will sell it to the guy who is interested.. They said they didnt want to sell it on their lot because of its age. They are a new car dealership and dont like selling cars that old. I think they agreed on selling it for $6,500 or somewhere around that area. I talked to the manager and not a salesmen this time. Soo, it should end up working out good for him. KBB said retail is $9,500, so I think he;s going to make out pretty good.

Thanks for the input guys. Kinda glad its going down like this because he's going to save some money.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Now thats a good price!

I agree. LOL! I think they were just trying to scare him away with that price, since its not something they wanted to sell because of its age. Theres not much of a selection up here though, and this truck was rust free and clean, so he wanted it and wouldnt give up. :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread