What octane?

mambaman

Established Member
With gas prices rising and all, i'm wondering what octanes you are all running?i've been using 93, but will all be fine using 91 as well?thanks

scothew_gt

Established Member
I run 93 in my cobra. and yes gas prices are about to kill me so I am going to start driving my mothers beater that she never drives anymore. *lord help me in the plastic 4door saturn*

Alex_96Cobra

Cant Sleep-Clown'l eat me
Established Member
all we have in Cali is 91 octane; my 96 seems to run fine on it and that is with a chip (timing advance) so I think you should be fine.

Alex

BTW: I paid $1.77 for 87 octane at lunch today for my daily driver s10. it's between 1.89 and 2.09 for the "good" 91 octane shit...... :(

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Gas Prices

In San Antonio, I'm running 93 ... I filled-up today at the military base, and it was $1.60. I've seen it as high as $1.80+. Haven't used anything less than 93 Octane, and if it gets unaffordable, I'll drive the wife's LeSabre.

Dan

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Although I usually run 91 octane ($1.899-1.999 per gallon), I have run straight 100 octane ($4.699 per gallon) on a DiabloChip tuned for 91. No sensor fouling, no problems...

Wildpony

Established Member
$1.76 for 93 in Perrysburg.. I can't drive the car right now anyway -too much crap on the road. Hopefully we get the rain tomorrow/Fri. to wash the salt off the road & the price comes down about $.30 cents..

96vert

Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony
$1.76 for 93 in Perrysburg.. I can't drive the car right now anyway -too much crap on the road. Hopefully we get the rain tomorrow/Fri. to wash the salt off the road & the price comes down about $.30 cents..

I hear that. Westerville here, the cobra hasn't seen the light of day since this crap started. To answer the thread's question, I run nothing but Sunoco 94. I got it tuned on shell 93, but I figure it's a small price to pay for a little engine insurance...

97RRCOBRA

Established Member
Mobil 93 Octane ALL THE TIME, I am pretty religious when it comes to gas so that my car can be more predictable, Ive tried all brands of fuel or most of them anyway and Mobil seems to work the best, or maybe it just seems that way ??? LOL :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread